Mineral lick

Bob2010

You better hope not. Mineral licks are just as bad as corn with CWD. And the way you've been carrying on I figured you would have taken care of it already. Not to mention, it's totally classless and real hunters don't use bait. Your words.

Mineral licks are totally different! Especially salt! You know how when you cut yourself or your kids skin a knee. You have them get in the ocean. Saltwater clean the wound. Same thing with CWD. This was a research sight for CWD. Literally hundreds deer used this spot. Not a one of them came out incubation with the CWD! The salt, vitamins, and minerals really kept the disease at bay. It has the opposite effect of apple baits. Thankfully I didn't add any of those to the mix. We may of lost the entire herd!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Mineral licks are totally different! Especially salt! You know how when you cut yourself or your kids skin a knee. You have them get in the ocean. Saltwater clean the wound. Same thing with CWD. This was a research sight for CWD. Literally hundreds deer used this spot. Not a one of them came out incubation with the CWD! The salt, vitamins, and minerals really kept the disease at bay. It has the opposite effect of apple baits. Thankfully I didn't add any of those to the mix. We may of lost the entire herd!

chrislibby88

Man. First deer hit the lick 12 hours after I put it in. The does are all over it! Wondering if a buck will ever show up. Girls got it locked down right now.
Does are recooping from birth and nursing, bucks are shedding and making scrapes now, and don’t need the minerals like they do mid summer when they are growing the rack. They will use it year round, but buck action at my mineral lick really slowed down the past two weeks. Still getting does almost nightly. I think the first year you start one will have the most use, especially if there aren’t any mineral sites nearby.

Bob2010

Does are recooping from birth and nursing, bucks are shedding and making scrapes now, and don’t need the minerals like they do mid summer when they are growing the rack. They will use it year round, but buck action at my mineral lick really slowed down the past two weeks. Still getting does almost nightly. I think the first year you start one will have the most use, especially if there aren’t any mineral sites nearby.

I think the dozer pushed dirt over this area. If I can find it I will open it up.