Miracles DO happen!!

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Foggy, got tore up by mosquito's, but i am walking on air right now! :yeah:
Decided to try a spot close to home in a hardwood swamp. Heard the first gobble at 0720 and put him about 400 yards away. Cutt on the box call and he double gobbled. Waited a few minutes and soft yelped. He gobbled twice and i put him about 200 yards away. Three clucks with the wingbone and raked some leaves and he blew me out of the woods. I had just enough time to put my call down and pick up my gun right before he walked thru the thicket in strut. He looked around, broke strut and kept walking thru the woods. As soon as he went behind a tree, i threw the gun up and rolled him at 25 yards. 10 1/4 inch beard, 1 1/8 and 1 inch spurs, 19.5 pounds.
20 minutes from the time i sat down till i was standing on his neck. :banana::banana::banana:
I didn't have anyone to take a pic of me with the bird so had to try to take pic's while i was still shaking. :O

Attachments

• smith bird1.jpg
    smith bird1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 993
  • smith bird2.jpg
    smith bird2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 982
  • smith bird3.jpg
    smith bird3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 953
  • smith bird4.jpg
    smith bird4.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 989
  • smith bird5.jpg
    smith bird5.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 987
  • smith bird6.jpg
    smith bird6.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 992

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
Glad for you, Robert!!! That's a good one. Get the water hot.

antnye

Awesome hunt and a great bird! Congrats!

bulldawgborn

Nice rope on that one

hambone76

Congrats. Nice one for sure.

mike1225

Congrats! Nothing like a good flash hunt!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
beautiful bird man!!!
Wife and I went this morning.....we didn't kill a bird but we definetly know what you mean about the mosquitos this morning!!!!!!!!!!

wooly

Super!

Super neat! Congrats!

T-N-T

Awesome man! I love it when I'm back to the truck before I can even see the sun good.

Down load a camera timer app. That's how I took the pic of me in the mountains with my bird. Just prop your phone up and run around and hold bird.