Miter Saw

hayseed_theology

Also, buy decent saw blades, but know that whatever you use for the laminate flooring is going to be dull afterward. Any kind of pre-finished flooring is hard on saw blades.

DannyW

Ten years down the road you will be glad you bought the Dewalt miter saw over the Black and Decker stuff.

Hayseed, I tend to agree with you overall. My workroom looks like a DeWalt display show case. But my mitre saw is Black and Decker...I bought it 20 years ago and have never regretted it.

I bought it at Lowe's. They had a B&D and DeWalt 10" mitre saw set up side by side. I looked at both and the parts of both saws were identical...same handle, same switches, same everything. (For those who may not know, Black and Decker makes DeWalt tools.) The sales guy and I looked both saws over carefully and we determined the only difference was the color and price ...the B&D saw was about 25% cheaper.

It may not be the same now, and maybe I just got a "good one" but it has never failed me.

hayseed_theology

It may not be the same now, and maybe I just got a "good one" but it has never failed me.

In my opinion, the older B&D stuff is much better quality than the stuff they sell today. The quality appears to have gone down hill as their target market has shifted more toward consumers who buy their tools at Walmart.