Moccasin creek

JonathanG2013

Great camping spot. Used to go camping at wild cat creek often when I was younger. We would go about 8 miles up and ruff it tent camping under the stars. Went one time when Haley's Comet came by and saw it in a big field with a telescope.
Love camping just you and nature.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Looks like it was a good trip. Definitely the right time of year to be there. A few weeks more and it will be full of all kind of idjits trampling the creeks.

Artfuldodger

we use to camp all the time at Moccasin Creek when I was a kid. It wasn't near that nice then. And you could tent camp right out by the dock under the trees there. It was before the pavillion was put in.

Hope you have a great stay there.

Yeah I remember the first time we went, was around 1968, not much there but a field of small pines. Went back in the mid 90's and it was completely different. Looks even better now. We always went to the sliding rock on Wildcat Creek to cool off. It's a good place to camp and check out the Tallulah River/Coleman River senic area as well.
It's close enough to go to Helen or the fair in Hiawassee too.
We would fish on Wildcat Creek and also on the pier at the state park. I always thought it was cool to drive up 197 from Clarksville and drive through the Soque River dip in the road.

Artfuldodger

It's orange, led, bought it at a beach flea market couple years ago ,they make them, I've seen them at uncle Bill's flea market too, bout 20.00

When I saw that little streetlight by your campsite marker post I thought "they really have made improvements. I'm assuming that's yours?
Nice looking set-up.

walters

Yes

Yes it's mine, my wife loves her lights, she has palmtrees rope lights, party lights, solar lights
It makes her happy that's what matters

the Lackster

great looking setup there friend. I cant begin to count the childhood memories there.

greg_n_clayton

We fished wildcat while we was up there,
It is a beautiful place also, but road is rough

And gona get rougher The green man has no intentions of scrapping and such...including Tallulah River due to the lack of funds !! They are also closing a lot of roads....sad to say !!

Artfuldodger

And gona get rougher The green man has no intentions of scrapping and such...including Tallulah River due to the lack of funds !! They are also closing a lot of roads....sad to say !!

I didn't realize the impact. I haven't been on many lately;

"Unfortunately, due to changes in agency programs and declining budgets,
many of the 81,000 miles of roads now available for use by passenger cars
are rapidly decaying to the point that the public is finding it difficult to
negotiate the potholes and ruts, thus jeopardizing a safe and enjoyable
experience that most take for granted."

https://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/pdfpubs/pdf02713814/pdf02713814.pdf