modified family tradition ladder stand

habersham hammer

I have this 2 man Family Traditions ladder stand that I had modified. I have attached a before and after of the same stand. I had the webbing for the seat removed and had expanded metal added. The webbing as some have stated over time will make a squeaking sound if you move suddenly. I also had the shooting rail welded so it will not move. Surprisingly it increased the weight of the stand very little. I have a camo wrap that goes with it and all I need now is a cushion and I'm ready to go.

Attachments

• IMG_1741.jpg
    IMG_1741.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2891.jpg
    IMG_2891.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 203

Jim Boyd

Looks like a PRO job - love it!

Now you just need about another 10-12’ of ladder!!

Great work!

HuntFan

All you really needed to do is add some petroleum jelly between the straps where they crisscross. Your buddies will give you heck taking Vaseline to the stand with you but it works perfectly & has no smell.

badcreek

Very nice! I have the same stand and yes, the webbing will pop and squeek when it gets older.

badcreek

All you really needed to do is add some petroleum jelly between the straps where they crisscross. Your buddies will give you heck taking Vaseline to the stand with you but it works perfectly & has no smell.
I will have to try this! Never thought of that. I use petroleum jelly on the legs of my feeders to help keep coons from climbing them and it doesn't bother the deer at all.

615groundpounder

Only around 50+ contact points. Just sayin....

Nice looking job on the modify!