Moisture in my Nikon Binocular

Dusty Roads

Forgot & left my binoculars out in the rain helping a neighbor so now have a hair dryer on low blowing on it hopefully to expand air pressure in chamber to expell any evaporated moisture in the left side.
Don't want to break the seal(argon within?) hoping that since moisture entered,it'll exit about the same way.
At start of my drying I did see droplets on the inside prism.
Any suggestions much appreciated-thanks

tad1

I believe Nikon may have a lifetime warranty. My old monarchs are with them right now getting the Eyecups replaced I hope.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Forgot & left my binoculars out in the rain helping a neighbor so now have a hair dryer on low blowing on it hopefully to expand air pressure in chamber to expell any evaporated moisture in the left side.
Don't want to break the seal(argon within?) hoping that since moisture entered,it'll exit about the same way.
At start of my drying I did see droplets on the inside prism.
Any suggestions much appreciated-thanks
If water got in,the seal Is broken. I'd contact Nikon about the warranty

Dusty Roads

I thank all of you,
Went online filled out repair/return and copied off shipping label-EASY!
Never occured to me to lookup Nikon repair.
Checked further into specs,it is Nitrogen filled.
I bought it in 70's

tad1

Just received my binoculars back yesterday with the new eyecups. So the total turn around time was right at one month. That was for basically screwing on new eye cups. Don’t know if more complicated repairs would take longer or if my binoculars were just in cue. It may just take a while for them to get to them. I only paid to ship to the service department, did not have to pay return shipping or parts or anything, so that’s pretty nice.
JT

GeorgiaGlockMan

Put them in a airtight container and pack them with the boil-in-bag rice packs.

Wait a few days and check.

Rice will absorb the moisture...

Used that on a watch and other misc electronics with good results.