Monster bucks......

Tom Borck

Banned
that go unofficially unscored and never get credit. Have you seen or heard of them?

In our area (Screven, Jenkins, Bulloch) I have seen bucks that would score mid 140's to mid 150's. The only problem....the majority of people in this region don't care one bit about getting them scored or mounted. Last year a guy we hunt with was in the process of throwing away a rack that would easily score in the mid 120's!!! :speechles It was saved and given to a little fella! :clap:

This past opening weekend they killed a mid 140 class 8 point and has no plans on getting him mounted. Why? He has one BIGGER!

Two years ago a 163 class 8 pointer (NET) was killed about a mile from our place!!!!!!!! :speechles

I saw a MONSTER buck taken last year in Bulloch Co. that would easliy score mid 150's!!! Plus the one I posted today.

My uncle killed an 8 point that scored over 144 and netted 138!

It makes you wonder how many MONSTER bucks are out there? ::huh:

My wife's grandfather killed a 9 point a few years ago that scored mid 140's! He cut the rack off and threw it in the mud room.

A monster 10 point was missed this past weekend.....of course they said it would have scored 130-140....two hunters saw the deer and both missed it.

Not to mention several big bucks I have seen/missed. :banginghe

Jim McRae

We didn't shoot any under 140 the last five years I hunted Lee Co. It was nothing up there to see 2 1/2 yr old 120 class deer. We didn't shoot very many bucks total, but the ones we did shoot were 145 class, 250 lb. brutes. And believe me, the chances of 150 to 160 class deer were very real.

Jim M.

Buford_Dawg

I must be hunting the wrong areas

We just don't see many like that around us. Wish we did! Good luck and post some pictures of those big ones.

seminoleslayer

I've Been Hunting On A Buddies Of Mines Tract In Dooly.the Morgan Buck Came Off This Tract.we Don't Shoot Anything That Isn't Pushing 140 Or Better.we Have Shot 6 Bucks In The Last 3 Yrs And The Smallest Grossed 138 And The Biggest Grossed 151.we See Lots Of 120 Class Bucks. 4 Of Us Hunt This Tract. We Have 5 Bucks On Film All From The Same Stand Same Evening That Will Go From 120 To 130 Class.
Talking About Bucks That Don't Get Scored.alot Of Folks Just Don't Want To Show Them Off Or Don't Want People To Know What There Property Produces So They Want Lose A Lease To Some One That Can Pay More.some Just Don't Know About The Buckarama Will Score Your Deer.

Rebel 3

I have my uncles 10 pt in my room that has never been officially scored. It is 22 1/2 inches wide wtih G2's and G'3's tines around 10 inches and good brow tines and g4's, long main beams and good mass, very symetrical. It goes out and comes back in. It should net around 160. If it were my deer I would have made the effort to have it scored, but I dont even know which county it was killed in. I do know it was north or middle GA. He lived in Lawrenceville when he killed it about 30 years ago and it is very likely a Gwinnett buck and a county record. It is just another one of those monsters that is sitting out there, except it is and always will be taken care of. If I can get a scanner one day I will post it on here.

Madsnooker

My brother shot a buck in Dooly county 3 years ago that scored 162. It was not entered in GON. My Dad shot a 149 BC buck last year, also not entered in GON. That is why I do not put much stock into GONs big buck rankings by county, at least as far as the top countys go. That survey is only as good as the info put in and I feel the info is extremely incomplete. ;)

Junebug

Seminoleslayer's right...

Most folks I know keep their mouth shut about where they killed a big one. Maybe a few friends and family drop by to see it, but that's about it. They SURE AS HECK don't want the newspaper dropping by for photos to go in the local paper.

Bidding wars for leases, unethical and unscrupulous "hunters", trespassers... I'd keep my mouth shut too.

huntfish

Keep your mouth shut! That's my rule on specifics. A buddy of mine would have #1 & #2 for Clarke County in his living room, if entrered.

Rebel 3

People on my club have no idea at what I have killed. I keep my mouth shut. They are not Woody's members, so this does not worry me. It is amazing at what a club that was traditionally "its brown its down" can prodice when the few members absolutly stop hunting it for about 5 years and just let me go at it. They rejoin just to not loose the lease. We now have a 4 pt on one side rule, but they dont come. I have not had great success, but better than average in the last few years. If I told them what I have shot and seen and sheds I have found, they would hunt the place to death. To bad Im probably loosing the lease after this year. :(

short stop

huntfish is right. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! I hunt alone ----thats spelled -----ALONE . I take nice bucks every year and work hard at doin it too ! I tell absolutley no one --except my son --where they were killed and what time .Yes some folks dont care what a buck scores if they take him ''I do'' but still wont tell . I know guys in MORGAN CO. who have 170 + BC bucks in the house and in the toolsheds. They laugh when they read GON ''no disrespect here '' because they are not telling anybody!

How2fish

I have a good friend that is in our club and a couple of years ago became a member of another club as well. That club is near his house and he only hunts it a couple of times a year....1st year in the club he put up a ladderstand after 20 mins scouting...he was really just l looking for a spot another "older" member wasn't hunting. 3rd week of gun season was the 1st time he ever hunted it...and 5 mins in the stand he killed a Monster of a 10 pt...he won't have the deer scored because the other members of that club give him a hard time about it being dumb "luck"...and he is embarresed ??? It a beaut..I keep begging him to have it scored...maybe this year...?

broadhead

Stop It!

Tom, Quit telling everybody how productive Screven County is...We're too crowded as it is. :whip: :D :D
B-head

Donkeytoe

Lease Wanted

Looking for lease in Screvens County - Willing to pay top dollar or higher than current leasee is paying.........

:D :D :D :D Sorry, couldn't resist :bounce:

Timbo

My theory on this matter is to not offend any one on the so called "Scoring of Bucks".

But to some people "its the thrill of the kill".To me" its a thrill to be in the woods".A big rack is just a bonus.

letsgohuntin

I know for a fact that huge deer are taken from the plantations around the Albany area (Dougherty,Lee,Baker, etc.) that do not get any publicity in GON or whatever. For example I have a friend that is lucky enough to hunt on one of the plantations. He has showed me pictures of harvested deer as well as some trailcam pics that are just unbelievable. Seeing 130-140 class bucks is routine to them.