Montana Elk Down

DWBMontana

Last week was good for myself and friends here in Montana, we managed to down a couple nice bulls. Weather changed made a big difference, from warm temps opening weekend to finally some brisk weather and snow here in Montana. Both bulls should eat really well

Attachments

• dave 2018 elk.jpg
    dave 2018 elk.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 267
  • bull A.jpg
    bull A.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 268

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Last week was good for myself and friends here in Montana, we managed to down a couple nice bulls. Weather changed made a big difference, from warm temps opening weekend to finally some brisk weather and snow here in Montana. Both bulls should eat really well
Awesome! I dream of hunting that part of the country!

biggdogg

Was that with an outfitter or DIY? Public land?

plumber_1969

Good for you DWB! Me and the wife killed two cow elk in New Mexico this year and you are right about the fine eating! She has banned Montana from our list of huntable states due to the grizzly bears. We have 3 points each in Wyoming and did a Colorado DIY public land archery hunt last year and got close but didn't close the deal. Loved every minute of it. Makes it hard to sit in a tripod overlooking a clearcut after that trip out west.

DWBMontana

Deers2ward.....no. These were taken on ground I currently lease near Big Timber, Mt. The ranch you referred to is hour and a half away , over twice as large and holds more game. Next year will be the first year I lease that ranch. Both with rifle.

DWBMontana

I thought Id share this on my thread......the organization I am involved with here in Montana, Montana Warriors On The Water, (mwotw), has a cow elk hunt I am hosting later this week here in Montana. MWOTW has 5 vets coming, 1 is from Georgia, a Purple Heart recipient who was able to receive their license thru the state of Montana's Purple Heart recipient program in which the public can donate back to the state fish and hunting licenses and have them awarded to Purple Heart recipients who are working thru a organization such as MWOTW. I will try and share pics of what I hope is a successful hunt later this week. Last year, we filled all 6 tags in just a couple of days, I am hoping for similar situation this year. pic is from last years hunt.mwotw cow hunt.jpg

DWBMontana

Just came back from Warrior hunt here in south central Montana near Big Timber. Thanks to the support of local ranchers and business owners we were able to have a awesome cow elk hunt for five veterans. Four dropped elk, the fifth had a couple chances, but did not. She will however continue to try with the help of a ranch family near where she lives in Montana. Four of the vets also took turkey. You can see more of the hunt on Montana Warriors on The Water facebook page.Matt elk hunt.jpegmatt 2018 2.jpegMatt elk 2018.jpeg1183.jpeg