MONTANA HUNTING LEASE

Thread starter #1
I AM LOOKING TO SUBLEASE A HUNTING LEASE OF A LARGE RANCH HERE IN MONTANA WHERE I LIVE. I WOULD LEASE BY THE WEEK FOR A MINIMUM OF 4 HUNTERS, PREFERABLY FOR ARCHERY SEASON. OVER 11,000 DEEDED ACRES NEAR WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, MT. ALSO LOTS OF STATE GROUND AVAIBLE ALSO. GREAT ELK, WHITETAIL DEER, ANTELOPE AND BLACK BEAR HUNTING, ALONG WITH OVER 2 MILES OF THE FAMOUS SMITH RIVER AND 2 OTHER STREAMS AND A RESERVOIR WITH AWESOME TROUT FISHING. NO GRIZZLY IN THIS AREA OR MTN RANGE. THIS IS NOT A CHEAP LEASE, IT IS QUALITY THOUGH. PLEASE CONTACT ME , DAVID AT 406.263.2133 FOR FURTHER INFO, IT IS TRULY A SPECIAL AREA OF MONTANA AND ONCE YOU VISIT, YOU WOULD BE COUNTING THE DAYS TILL YOUR NEXT VISIT. Weekly sub lease would be $2500 per hunter for elk 4 hunters minimum. 3-4 GROUPS ONLY, PROPERTY WILL REST A WEEK BETWEEN HUNTS. 3rd week of September booked.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter #6
Tress pass fees or sub leasing is pretty common here in the west. You are giving someone access to hunting land, but providing no services, which is what outfitters and guides do, thus saving over half on cost, pretty simple to see the differences.

Thread starter #10
All NR draw, elk combo's tags have not sold out for quite a few years, elk-deer combination tags are allotted at 17,000, in 2017 17,500 applied. The ranch is in a general district for both elk and whitetails, with extra cow elk tags available.