Moonpie's breakfast Bistro..... What y'all having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naildrvr

You ought to be plum ashamed of yourself posting pictures like that on the interweb for hongry folks like myself to see!! But, I would do the same thing:). I'd knock the dust off of them rascals right now, they look wonderful!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
You ought to be plum ashamed of yourself posting pictures like that on the interweb for hongry folks like myself to see!! But, I would do the same thing:). I'd knock the dust off of them rascals right now, they look wonderful!
I agree! Made me plum hungry looking at that goodness!

Reactions: Dub

Dub

This thread has me fired up.

Morning greatness posted every single day.

Moonpie would be proud to see us carrying on thusly. Someone needs to cook up a mess of breakfast squealers, grits and such in honor of his wonderful support of all who posted here in Paymaster's corner of Woody's.

Breakfuss is the favoritist meal of the day.

Begins with a proper pot of coffee and some time to chill and stretch my old bones and contemplate what's planned for the day.

This week has been all about work plans.

Today....not so. Gonna get some yard debris cleaned up and work up a game day menu for tomorrow.

Then....will be grabbing my my favorite skillet and and getting some protein cooked.

naildrvr

Yes sir that's a heckuva start to the day. I started with bacon and eggs scrambled together but scarfed it down before I could get a pic. Had to get to work cause I didn't want to work all day!!!

Dub

Yes sir that's a heckuva start to the day. I started with bacon and eggs scrambled together but scarfed it down before I could get a pic. Had to get to work cause I didn't want to work all day!!!

I hear ya. I got 55 hours in Monday-Thursday.

Felt great to be a bum today. :rofl:

Piled up in the recliner now with my oldest dog laying across my leg....like a heating pad on my sore knee. Awesomeness achieved. Got an ice cold glass of freshly brewed iced tea within reach.

Catching up on the new episode of The Walking Dead.....wondering how it is I never owned a Colt Python like Rick is toting.

Nice work Dub!

Thanks.....I've had a great day.

Leisure time this morning sipping hot coffee.

Ate a hearty breakfuss. My butter-cheddar biscuits are easy to make and the family is going nuts over them.

Got the yard work done. Tomorrow morning is for goofing around and washing our cars and getting the grills ready for cooking some gameday eats.

Looking forward bigtime to the DAWGS hitting the field. Gonna be fun stuff.

ambush80

Good job on tricking out those biscuits. I like how you keep fooling with them. I'm an "If it ain't broke, then break it" kind of guy myself.

I've tried cream, yeast, a whole stick of butter, currants, bacon ends and pieces, chives, sour cream, bacon grease, goat cheese (those were good!! I made 'em little for hors d'ouvres with some crispy pancetta and quail eggs for a Kentucky Derby party), duck fat (that was good, too!!), drop style, kneaded, un-kneaded....most of them were delicious, but I can't make them like at the BP on the way to Redlands WMA. Nice looking plate.

Last edited:

Dub

Good job on tricking out those biscuits. I like how you keep fooling with them. I'm a "If it ain't broke, then break it" kind of guy myself.

Thank you.

Up until recently I simply did frozen or canned.

These aren't proper catheads.....but they are simple & fast to make and the family is loving 'em.

2 cups AP Flour
2 TBS sugar
1 TBS baking powder
1 tsp salt

^^^^stir together^^^

Add a melted stick of butter and stir in.

Add a cup of buttermilk and lightly stir in.

Add a 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar and lightly stir in.

Form into 7-8 golfball sized pieces and drop 'em in a greased skillet and then mash flat.

Into a pre-heated 425 degree oven for 22 minutes.

Still a work in process.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
YHFP started us out right this morning with some homemade hashbrowns, bacon, eggs, and toast.

breakfast5.jpg

Dub

Manly breakfast!

How about this 'un for an unmanly breakfast......

Woke up this morning sorta late. Didn't even make coffee.

I saw the potatoes & onion sitting out on the cutting board from yesterday. Figured I'd slice some up and get 'em in a hot skillet for some hashbrowns.

I'd went to grab the wheat bread for some toast....it was gone.

Went to the fridge to grab some eggs to cook over easy for the hashbrowns.....eggs were gone, too.

Went and looked out in the driveway.....son's Jeep was also gone. Either he ran away from home......or decided to cook breakfast over at his girlfriend's house. :rofl:

We clearly have to establish some ground rules on pilfering breakfast making materials.

Lil'bro just messed up my favorite meal of the day. Gonna put that sucka in a headlock when I see him again.

I guess I should be happy that he left the bottle of all purpose rub and ketchup, lol.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.

I saw the potatoes & onion sitting out on the cutting board from yesterday. Figured I'd slice some up and get 'em in a hot skillet for some hashbrowns.

Went to the fridge to grab some eggs to cook over easy for the hashbrowns.....eggs were gone, too.

Went and looked out in the driveway.....son's Jeep was also gone. Either he ran away from home......or decided to cook breakfast over at his girlfriend's house. :rofl:

We clearly have to establish some ground rules on pilfering breakfast making materials.

Lil'bro just messed up my favorite meal of the day. Gonna put that sucka in a headlock when I see him again.

I guess I should be happy that he left the bottle of all purpose rub and ketchup, lol.
Keep the faith ... He will improve with time!;)

My system no longer lets me eat eggs, which I've always enjoyed. I can cook them for others and don't even mind watching them bein' et. So, I am no stranger to this type breakfast actually. I know they look at me cross-eyed when I only order toast and hashbrowns in camp to eat....lol. Thank goodness you still had ya some ketchup tho!!

Dub

Now that's right scary.:eek:

And the stove ::ke:[/QUOTE]

Stove & skillets wre intact. :D

Keep the faith ... He will improve with time!;)

I hear ya. (y)

He's a much better kid than I was.......he just nabbed some eggs & wheat bread. When I was a teenager, I was pilfering Dad's cigarettes and bourbon. :rofl:

My system no longer lets me eat eggs, which I've always enjoyed. I can cook them for others and don't even mind watching them bein' et. So, I am no stranger to this type breakfast actually. I know they look at me cross-eyed when I only order toast and hashbrowns in camp to eat....lol. Thank goodness you still had ya some ketchup tho!!

No ketchup would've been muy malo

I've heard of folks developing food allergies later in life....seafood & eggs seem to be the two I hear the most about.

That bites, man. Sorry.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Lol'n at Dub's great vittles heist of 2018. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If your son likes to cook enough to filch your groceries, that's a good thing nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.