Moonpie's breakfast Bistro..... What y'all having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've tried all kinds of bacon, and I keep coming back to the Smithfield thick-cut applewood and cherrywood.

GA1dad

Broke out the little Weber last night for some T-bonz.

Truth be told I wasn't so much interested in them due to wanting to get back to the football watching.....grateful for a fast cook.

By morning time today, though, my interests have settled in on those T-bonz that were leftover. Rare occurrence.....no pun intended.

I cut off the strip side of the leftover T-bone and heated it up along with some vegetables & cheesy eggs.

Made a batch of biscuits that my Grandma used to call "silver dollar biscuits".

Tasty breakfast was had....gotta love steak & eggs.

Interested parties are hoping this old guy will be clumsy and drop something.......even after having the biscuit that I made for them... :rofl:

I am not worthy!!!!!

Dub

I haven't tried the applewood,,, I quit searching after discovering the cherrywood. It is my go to bacon!

Gent's, ya'll just got me amped up about going on a bacon run later....that will also involve grabbing another 6-er of Yuengling.

Sausage egg and white american cheese on a cheese bagel. Been really digging this mustard sauce lately.

View attachment 949131

Now that is a breakfast platter that you can hold in your hands.

Looks great !!!

GA1dad

Yep,,, now that's a breakfast!!!

Reactions: Dub

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
So......this morning I wiped out the last of the T-bonz.

I used the strip side for an omelet for my wife.......and kept the tenderloin side for myself with some cheesy scrambled eggs. Gotta love a steak that you can slice with your fork.

She said the sweet red pepper came through hugely in terms of flavor.

I would eat that if you twisted my arm really hard. :bounce:

Work of art, there!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
So......this morning I wiped out the last of the T-bonz.

I used the strip side for an omelet for my wife.......and kept the tenderloin side for myself with some cheesy scrambled eggs. Gotta love a steak that you can slice with your fork.

She said the sweet red pepper came through hugely in terms of flavor.

It's not fair.... You gotta stop! ???

Dub

Yep,,, now that's a breakfast!!!

Thanks !!!

I would eat that if you twisted my arm really hard. :bounce:

Work of art, there!

Thanks......got busy in there once I had my coffee flowing.

Great thing about out breakfast is that it can be made superfast.

It's not fair.... You gotta stop! ???

Well.....that killed the steak, so as far as that goes...I'm done.

Wife has a long early morning doctor's appointment that we'll be going to. Likely will be a boring breakfast tomorrow.....similar to workdays.....a protein shake on the go.

Dub

I can say with today's breakfast.....it was much better than yesterday's protein shake on the way out the door.

Hour-plus round trip to the doctor and 4 hour appointment/testing/consult for my wife & her doctor all went well. Very relieved. Confirmed & ruled out some stuff that had been concerning us.

So relieved, in fact.....that we both slept 12+ hours last night....catching up on the missed sleep over the past few days. I can't remember last time I slept so long or so well. Relief and answered prayers evidently added to the comfort that cool weather and a warm blanket provided. Good stuff, folks. (y)

I still beat the sunrise on getting out of bed (which tells ya how early I crashed yesterday evening). Started stirring and dogs realized I was about to be oscar mike and went nutz to get downstairs and outside in hopes there would be squirrels to chase into the trees. Still too dark for that action, but coffee was made and by the second cup....I was able to go out and watch 'em get after the limb rats. Our oldest one still shows her puppy tendencies when she's on the chase. Their growling and yipping at the limb rats must have fired up my neighbor's dogs....could hear them waking up in her house.

Time came to finish that cup and call in the dogs and get some grub ready.

Nothing fancy. Nothing special. Just some buttery cheddar biscuits, Tennessee Pride Hot sausage (which I hit with yellow mustard) and eggs loaded with course pepper & American cheese.

Had the biscuits cut and & the pan just in time to her a deep voice from above & behind me......"Good morning.....what's cooking?". Said Darth Vader voice came from our 6'8" son, Teenage T-Rex. Startled the heck outa both me & the dogs. For a kid so tall....he can ninja up on an old dude with great stealth.

He went into feeding frenzy like a bull shark and rolled out his schedule for the day and asked about my cooking plans. I'd wanted to do Tex-Mex for dinner and gave him the menu rundown.

He stopped me just in time. I was about to put the dry pintos on to soak all day for the frijoles later on. His schedule clashes mightily with said Tex-Mex dinner plans.

Looks like there will be some mid-day burgers instead.....wife & I can reheat ours whenever it comes around to our dinnertime.

Tex-Mex will be tomorrow night, it seems.

Very grateful for such simple things to contemplate. Very grateful.

GA1dad

My goodness!! Since I have not had breakfast or lunch yet, I shouldn't have opened this thread. My stomach is screaming at me now!

naildrvr

I gotta find me some of that cherry wood bacon!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I can say with today's breakfast.....it was much better than yesterday's protein shake on the way out the door.

Hour-plus round trip to the doctor and 4 hour appointment/testing/consult for my wife & her doctor all went well. Very relieved. Confirmed & ruled out some stuff that had been concerning us.

So relieved, in fact.....that we both slept 12+ hours last night....catching up on the missed sleep over the past few days. I can't remember last time I slept so long or so well. Relief and answered prayers evidently added to the comfort that cool weather and a warm blanket provided. Good stuff, folks. (y)

I still beat the sunrise on getting out of bed (which tells ya how early I crashed yesterday evening). Started stirring and dogs realized I was about to be oscar mike and went nutz to get downstairs and outside in hopes there would be squirrels to chase into the trees. Still too dark for that action, but coffee was made and by the second cup....I was able to go out and watch 'em get after the limb rats. Our oldest one still shows her puppy tendencies when she's on the chase. Their growling and yipping at the limb rats must have fired up my neighbor's dogs....could hear them waking up in her house.

Time came to finish that cup and call in the dogs and get some grub ready.

Nothing fancy. Nothing special. Just some buttery cheddar biscuits, Tennessee Pride Hot sausage (which I hit with yellow mustard) and eggs loaded with course pepper & American cheese.

Had the biscuits cut and & the pan just in time to her a deep voice from above & behind me......"Good morning.....what's cooking?". Said Darth Vader voice came from our 6'8" son, Teenage T-Rex. Startled the heck outa both me & the dogs. For a kid so tall....he can ninja up on an old dude with great stealth.

He went into feeding frenzy like a bull shark and rolled out his schedule for the day and asked about my cooking plans. I'd wanted to do Tex-Mex for dinner and gave him the menu rundown.

He stopped me just in time. I was about to put the dry pintos on to soak all day for the frijoles later on. His schedule clashes mightily with said Tex-Mex dinner plans.

Looks like there will be some mid-day burgers instead.....wife & I can reheat ours whenever it comes around to our dinnertime.

Tex-Mex will be tomorrow night, it seems.

Very grateful for such simple things to contemplate. Very grateful.

Glad you got some relief Dub. Sounds like a fine morning capped off with a great breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.