More ASA state stuff! Let's Go State!

Brian from GA

A couple posts here have been talking about how to grow Georgia archery. Here is everyone's chance to be constructive about the ASA state.

Alright... Lets throw the gauntlet down. Here are my thoughts.

1. During the spring/summer RBO averages 120 or so shooters per shoot from the "locals". The North Georgia circuit does likewise. Those two areas of the state can get the state shoot to 200-250 shooters. Fill in another 50 from South and 50 from East Georgia and we are over 300 shooters.

2. For the first time in a long time Ken Moseley has done what we all said we wanted and gotten the date and host club of the state out waaaay early so that we can all schedule around the state shoot and build excitement for the qualifiers. Good job Mo.... did I really just acknowledge that Ken did a good job? Crap :)

3. If you have an archery club in GA PLEEEEASE schedule a qualifier. It is super easy. Yes you have to write a check to ASA but simply charge $5.00 more per class and send the check for the extra $5. your club gets the same as usual and everyone is excited to qualify and maybe it will get you an extra 20 shooters. Joining ASA is the cheapest and easiest way to get insurance for your club.

4. I know by March or so all the Qualifers will be posted on the ASA web page. Let's create a post or sticky here with qualifier dates and locations once they are oked by Mo.

5. I spoke with Scott Parrott pres of RBO before I knew he had the state shoot (He probably will not answer my calls anymore :) ) about clubs creating a NASP stake at local shoots to try and get the kids from that venue into 3D or other forms of competitive archery. We discussed creating a separate "Silver Stake" (or whatever color) class. NASP shoots 10 meters and 15 meters. Since it is no sights and finger shooting. I feel we should set the stake for the first 10 targets of a shoot at 10 meters (about 11 yards) and the second 10 at 15 meters. Of course this is for a 20 target course. For those that don't know NASP is LARGE in Georgia. The DNR had to stop allowing automatic qualifying for state and start a Regional system since they could not handle the number of shooters in an 8 hour day at the Perry Fair Grounds with about 200 some odd shooters shooting each line. If we get the NASP stake up and running before mid-year maybe we can get a NASP class for the state. Heard County has a NASP program right there in Franklin. There is one in LaGrange at LaFayette Christian and a couple here in Columbus.

So please let's post ideas and break that 4 minute mile.... I mean that 300 archer barrier at the ASA state.