Morels have arrived

tween_the_banks

We've been finding quite a few this past week. I thought those few cold mornings we had were going to stunt the existing fruits but it looks like it's going to be a really great season.

By the way, if you like mushrooms and like being in the woods, I just uploaded our first morel video of 2019 on Youtube: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour. I try to show what habitat we look for, especially tree species due to the symbiotic relationship morels have with certain root systems.

Anyways, post some pictures if you've found some in your area.

MOREL THUMB.jpg

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
What part of the state you in?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
This is my 3rd year looking for morels. Went looking today after some plans fell thru. I found my 1st morel! Then another and so on. I ended up with 12 in the sack but left twice as many or more to get a little bigger. Never thought I would get so excited over a mushroom. Going to go back and check a few other spots on the property tomorrow. I plan on cooking these tomorrow evening and getting my 1st taste of morels. This was in Henry countyIMG_7419.jpgIMG_7421.jpg

Last edited:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I wish we had them here, but at least we have chanterelles, cinnabars, and indigo milkcaps.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What’s the time frame on being able to find these ?
We isually have a two week window here. It’s usually the second and third weeks of April. If the conditions aren’t right at that time, there just aren’t any that year.

Latest posts