Morning or Late Afternoon on Lanier in Fall?

LittleDrummerBoy

We avoided fishing Lanier in the evenings during the summer and early fall due to all the boat traffic. But late afternoon fishing was pretty good in the Spring. Due to schedules and weather, it is preferable for me and some guests to fish in the evening the next couple weeks. Is there a discernable difference between late afternoon and morning fishing on Lanier in the Fall?

Last edited:

Browniez

That’s a hard question to answer the way you put it. Done really well on both, done really bad on both.

I’d say both have high potential, but conditions can dictate which is better especially how you fish.

I enjoy throwing reaction baits, so I’ll decide more on wind, cloud cover, Major/Minor periods etc than morning or evening.

The conditions change so rapidly the next few months one or the other generally seems to offer much better conditions for the techniques I plan on using.

Not a big lake guy outside of jerkbait season but that’s my experience on Lanier.

littlejon

FC usually gets hammered in the fall. Has been for years. The more its advertised the heavier the traffic will get. I would be careful after sunset. One GON member on here would post every fall on his success there at night fishing in the fall. If I remember his name I will let you know. He could help you greatly. Maybe one other member might remember him

LittleDrummerBoy

I was thinking more the last couple hours of daylight rather than after the sun sets.

GThunter5

One more cold front after this one and it will be good all day until December 18 when the afternoons get a little better