Motor guide xi5 or minn kota Terrova a/ulterra

MK Terrova I-Pilot 80 lb 24V

No problems. Works like a boy dog.

Rabun

I've got a MK terrova riptide w iPilot on my bay boat...112lb 36V. Absolutely love it...especially the anchor feature. Had a riptide on my previous bay boat...13 years without a hiccup.

I had a Terrova with I Pilot worked great. Idiot that installed it didn't fasten it properly , hit a big wake it now sleeps bottom Chattahochee river.

Yikes! I bet you were steamed!

I mounted mine myself, but I used the MKA-53 heavy duty removable mount, with 4 ss bolts thru the base, with big fender washers to spread the load. Whatever breaks that is going to be really bad for the whole boat!

Rabun

I had a Terrova with I Pilot worked great. Idiot that installed it didn't fasten it properly , hit a big wake it now sleeps bottom Chattahochee river.
I feel for you! Atlanta Marine mounted mine as part of my new boat build/delivery. Had it installed on a quick detach mount. I discovered (prior to it falling off thankfully) that they did not secure the lock lug to the mount. The pins holding the trolling motor to the mount could have very easily worked there way out while boating or trailering. For that and several other issues, I no longer do business there.

jimbo4116

Retired Moderator
I bought the motor guide Ix5 with wireless remote. I took 5 wireless foot controllers before I got one that would stay synced. The hand held fob worked great. Sold it and bought the old cable control model Minn Kota.

Thread starter #10
For those of you with 36 volt motors, how many batteries do you have on your boat?

I have 2 now but I only have room for 4 in my battery locker and I like having a completely isolated starting battery and a separate battery for everything else.

I feel for you! Atlanta Marine mounted mine as part of my new boat build/delivery. Had it installed on a quick detach mount. I discovered (prior to it falling off thankfully) that they did not secure the lock lug to the mount. The pins holding the trolling motor to the mount could have very easily worked there way out while boating or trailering. For that and several other issues, I no longer do business there.
Unfortunately I mounted it.

Rabun

Yes I have 5 batts on board...two primaries and three for trolling. Also two chargers...a two bank and a three bank. My trolling motor batts are upfront...primaries are aft. I've got a 24.5 bay boat so space is not an issue.

Not sure of the draw but have never run out of juice. I have actually fished saltwater for four days and had no issue but mostly used the spot lock feature for those outings. I do connect my aerators and bubbler to one of the primary batts.

Riptide Ulterra 80lb here. I've had zero issues with it.

For those of you with 36 volt motors, how many batteries do you have on your boat?

I have 2 now but I only have room for 4 in my battery locker and I like having a completely isolated starting battery and a separate battery for everything else.
6. All Optima blue tops.

I had the Motorguide Xi5 12 volt 55 lb thrust and it worked fine. I used it for two years without any problems. What I didn't like was the hand held remote as it did not have a digital read out. I sold the Motorguide and purchased the MK Terrova with Ipilot. The MK remote has a digital read out that displays the mode you are in such as directional control, cruise control and other info. The remote also shows your speed which is nice when you are not able to see your depth finder chart. I also upgrade to a 24 volt, 80 lb thrust.