Moultries.....i40 vs 4.0

kcausey

Banned
I have one 4.0....newer version that takes 6d's......I love it......best bang for a buck i have seen.

my question is.....what kinda good/bad luck have yall had with the i40 no flash? My wife keeps harping about buying me one of these.....personally i'd rather get twice as many 4.0's......what do yall think?

Camokid

ummm.....

Hey I'm looking at getting a couple of the I40's as well (will be my 1st trail cams) when you say you have a 4.0 which 1 are you talking about? The I40 is a 4.0 MP camera with no flash, is there an I40 4.0 with a flash?

"the only stupid question is the one not asked":confused:

TimR

love my i40,......althought all I have to compare it to is my old 35mm's

Oldgold Buck

the I40 does have a flash...its just infrared instead of a normal flash. I bought one off ebay and I guess I paid for it cause the flash worked the first night I had it out and then it quit. I had over 500 pics from night that were pitch black because the flash quit working. I was so mad. Made me wonder what all was on camera that I couldn't see. So my advice is, don't go the ebay route and just buy new somewhere.

ams1231

I love my I-40. I have it set to multiple shot per event and there is never any sign the deer know what is going on. When I used a flash camera, they would get pretty spooky by the 3rd picture.

102 pictures and 5 months on the same batteries. Still at 80% battery life.

bowwinkles

kcausey ,---The I 40 is one of the most popular cameras this
past year. Put up against the D 40 it shines because it
does not have the sleep mode. The sleep mode is a 3 second wakeup for the first picture and then 1 second trigger there
after as long as movement is present. Both are very good cams
but if it was my choice I like the night movie feature that
you cannot have with the white flash cam.

General Lee

I have the 4.0 and an I40. The regular 4.0 is a good camera,but the I40 is even better IMO............

Davans

I have an I40. It is my first any only cam. I am very impressed.
As you can see in whitetacos pic above, the daytime pics are outstanding, the night time pics are pretty good too. The only thing about it that could use some improvement are the rubber seals for the removeable doors. If i were buying another one today it would be another I40

kevincox

I have a I40 and love it

Attachments

• gamecam 145.jpg
    gamecam 145.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 227
  • gamecam 182.jpg
    gamecam 182.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 225

Doveman

I have both the D 40 and I 40. Both are good cameras and cost less than most others. I bought the I 40 for the infared feature to keep from spooking deer. And also to take videos at night. The night videos default to 5 secs. no matter what you have it set for. This saves battery life which is upwards of 150 days. A nice feature of the video mode is that you can pull any frame from the video and make a still picture of it. This gives you many more oppertunities to get that one perfect picture rather than having on up to three still to pick from if you're in still mode. I do have some problems with the cameras taking pictures of what I can tell is nothing. I believe this is mostly due to wind blowing near by branches and activating the camera. Keep this in mind when setting up the location.