Mounting duck

Ryan42

Is it worth mounting a duck with a stretched neck, the neck isn’t off it is just super stretched out. Would the taxidermist be able to fix it?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
As long as the skin isn't torn it should be fine.

rnelson5

The feathers on the neck are some of the most fragile feathers on a duck. A good taxi can probably make it work, but I wouldn’t expect perfection in that area.

kevbo3333

Make sure you take him to a good taxidermist I don’t know your areas but Rodney Casteel is centrally located and he is as good as they get with ducks. What species?

killerv

Make sure you take him to a good taxidermist I don’t know your areas but Rodney Casteel is centrally located and he is as good as they get with ducks. What species?

Even Rodney can't pull off miracles. If its a rare one for you, you may can justify it, if not, wait for a better one to get mounted. It's hard for him to tell you how bad they are when they are brought to him frozen. Try to keep the nice ones you may want mounted off to the side, and tuck head in under the wing before you freeze. Dogs and stringers can ruin a nice bird.