Mrs. Hoss and the spike

Hoss

We headed out yesterday afternoon to hunt a hill overlooking a dry stream bed. A lot of white oaks on the hill with a bunch of acorns on the ground. I have a ladder stand there, but so we could hunt together, we had put up our Millennium tree seats on a couple of trees about 70 yards apart and on each side of the ladder stand so we were looking at different areas. Plenty warm so didn’t have high expectations. We sat for well over an hour with nothing happening except squirrels doing their squirrel thing and driving us crazy. Then I got a text from her saying “deer right in front of me”. Her seat was to my left and slightly behind me and if I turned, I could just see her, so I didn’t turn because I thought the deer might see me move. Next text was ” it’s a spike”. our club rules are four on a side and outside the ears, so she couldn’t shoot it, just had to watch it. I was hearing it now and sounded like it was right behind me. It finally turned tale and ran out of there.
Mrs. Hoss said see watched it cross the dry stream and come up the hill toward her. It just kept coming munching acorns along the way. It finAlly got within 15 feet of her and stoped and looked at her. She didn’t move except to blink her eyes and that is the motion that sent him on the run out of there.
We kept waiting hoping his big brother would come along, but no such luck. We ended up without a deer, but she had an exciting successful hunt to remember.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
We headed out yesterday afternoon to hunt a hill overlooking a dry stream bed. A lot of white oaks on the hill with a bunch of acorns on the ground. I have a ladder stand there, but so we could hunt together, we had put up our Millennium tree seats on a couple of trees about 70 yards apart and on each side of the ladder stand so we were looking at different areas. Plenty warm so didn’t have high expectations. We sat for well over an hour with nothing happening except squirrels doing their squirrel thing and driving us crazy. Then I got a text from her saying “deer right in front of me”. Her seat was to my left and slightly behind me and if I turned, I could just see her, so I didn’t turn because I thought the deer might see me move. Next text was ” it’s a spike”. our club rules are four on a side and outside the ears, so she couldn’t shoot it, just had to watch it. I was hearing it now and sounded like it was right behind me. It finally turned tale and ran out of there.
Mrs. Hoss said see watched it cross the dry stream and come up the hill toward her. It just kept coming munching acorns along the way. It finAlly got within 15 feet of her and stoped and looked at her. She didn’t move except to blink her eyes and that is the motion that sent him on the run out of there.
We kept waiting hoping his big brother would come along, but no such luck. We ended up without a deer, but she had an exciting successful hunt to remember.
Some of my most memorable hunts are without killing anything. Best of luck to the both of you this season, Hoss!