Must be nice

T-N-T

I get it.
Same as with "can't hide money"

I make the same money as others who get bent over my spending habits.
I just chose to spend my money in different stuff. Most spend theirs on kids cloths and food and college..... I didn't have kids .

So, yeah, it is nice

Havana Dude

I say both, and honestly, it is not jealousy. First, I would only say these things to people I know well, and generally kid around with anyways. I don't have a jealous bone in my body. I could care less if my friends are rich or as poor as I am. I learned a long time ago, to be jealous of someone means you want everything about them. That includes unhappy marriage, divorce, troubled children, business trouble, and a whole bunch more that is not on the surface. I'll take my known troubles over their unknown any day.

blondiega1

I've begun to post less and less on FB for this very reason.

sinclair1

Lol, I've been on bad rants lately. I'm turning into Sinclair

:rofl: people are programmed to be negative these days. They try and make you feel like you drew a special straw in life if you mention anything good.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
:rofl: people are programmed to be negative these days. They try and make you feel like you drew a special straw in life if you mention anything good.

Preach!!

sinclair1

Matt, you are a smart guy who went into a tech field, so people probably expected you would have some opportunities to enjoy the fruits of your hard work.

You have no idea how bad it is when you get voted most likely to go to prison and then find some positive things in life......I get comments like, did you rob a bank :rofl:

Oldstick

Matt, you are a smart guy who went into a tech field, so people probably expected you would have some opportunities to enjoy the fruits of your hard work.

You have no idea how bad it is when you get voted most likely to go to prison and then find some positive things in life......I get comments like, did you rob a bank :rofl:

That is an interesting comment because recently I've been looking into becoming a substitute teacher, after early retirement from my previous job. Mainly for the fulfillment factor and a couple extra $$ a month.

One motivating factor is that I was a teacher 35+ years ago, when I left for my career job paying more money.

I've learned from the training sessions over the last couple months, not to mention my experience 35 years ago, that the most important skill is how to remain fair to all and to motivate and encourage all students especially ones that may need more help in finding their path in life.

I'm guessing you did have someone or something that encouraged you to rise above the childish school peer pressure into a positive path to success.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher

I was a very quite guy that was known for sleeping in class. Things didn't click for me until my senior year of high school, I never had intentions to do anything close to what I'm doing, I wanted to be a car mechanic. My parents told me after graduation either go to college or get out. I took the easy route and went to college. I still am surprised myself of how I turned out and know how blessed I am. I know people who make about the same amount as me and still make those comments, I spent my twenties working 80 hours a week saving my money to get where I'm at while people my ago spent Thier money on Friday nights buying alcohol and weekend trips.

One thing I try to teach my kids, you can pay now and play layer, or you can play now, but either way you have to pay to play.

LTZ25

Jealous feeling's are not for me , I take friends bass fishing all the time up in Tennessee , when we are done hanging out I go to my camper and they go to thier million $ houses , I'm proud for them not even a bit jealous. Buy the way they never bass fished with just artificial lures and a these guys love it now .
This is off subject but I'd say 95 percent of lake house owners don't bass fish .

sinclair1

I was a very quite guy that was known for sleeping in class. Things didn't click for me until my senior year of high school, I never had intentions to do anything close to what I'm doing, I wanted to be a car mechanic. My parents told me after graduation either go to college or get out. I took the easy route and went to college. I still am surprised myself of how I turned out and know how blessed I am. I know people who make about the same amount as me and still make those comments, I spent my twenties working 80 hours a week saving my money to get where I'm at while people my ago spent Thier money on Friday nights buying alcohol and weekend trips.

One thing I try to teach my kids, you can pay now and play layer, or you can play now, but either way you have to pay to play.
Same here, it clicked for me around 22, I sacrificed the new trucks, ate bean burritos and put in the 401k while folks were living it up.
Wouldn't you know it, those same folks are calling me fancy pants when it's finally time to live the life I set up.

I enjoy it actually because it was hard to watch them going to box seats at football games and driving new trans ams at 22.

You're exactly right, they played then and now I am playing. It's not any different, just on the back end of life.

The exact thing will happen to me as we are blowing thru money in our twilight by design and when the latter years come, there will be some folks that held off to then, just traveling the world while we are broke at 70. I won't hate on them, we just didn't want to risk our health getting bad before we could enjoy life. :cool:

sinclair1

Jealous feeling's are not for me , I take friends bass fishing all the time up in Tennessee , when we are done hanging out I go to my camper and they go to thier million $ houses , I'm proud for them not even a bit jealous. Buy the way they never bass fished with just artificial lures and a these guys love it now .
This is off subject but I'd say 95 percent of lake house owners don't bass fish .
That's probably close on big expensive lakes like allatoona or Lanier, but no where close on Sinclair, I have 8 neighbors and all but one is a fisherman, the one is a ski buff.:flag:

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Same here, it clicked for me around 22, I sacrificed the new trucks, ate bean burritos and put in the 401k while folks were living it up.
Wouldn't you know it, those same folks are calling me fancy pants when it's finally time to live the life I set up.

I enjoy it actually because it was hard to watch them going to box seats at football games and driving new trans ams at 22.

You're exactly right, they played then and now I am playing. It's not any different, just on the back end of life.

The exact thing will happen to me as we are blowing thru money in our twilight by design and when the latter years come, there will be some folks that held off to then, just traveling the world while we are broke at 70. I won't hate on them, we just didn't want to risk our health getting bad before we could enjoy life. :cool:

I'm still not in play mode yet, but I'm in a good spot to enjoy life with the kids right now. I got about 10 years atleast to raising kids, then once they start Thier own life I'll hopefully be set to have all the toys and play all I want. I don't see a point of retirement at 67 years old and be rich and not be able to have the same fun you can have in your 50's. I think alot of folks worry about the right now and not long-term.

LTZ25

I agree with about Sinclar, it's kinda has a blue collar history . It's my favorite lake in Georgia . I was talking mostly about Watts Bar .
Up there you very rarely see a bass boat in a private dock .

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
Don't let it get to you MT. You picked the path in life that was right for you and your family. Embrace it and enjoy it.