My best bass

Shadow11

Finally pulled my cheapo plastic boat out from behind the house, and went today for the 1st time this yr. This is probably my personal best bass. It's definitely my best on public water. Northeast ga.Screenshot_2023-04-16-17-56-15.png

I'm still kind of new to bass fishing. Caught 5 today in about 2 hours. This one in pic was the last/best one. I fished 3 hours after this one, and never got another bite. How do u explain that?

Big7

The Oracle
Some of my best fishing times were in a Sportsman's III plastic boat much like yours.
Sometimes you just can't beat the portability and low draft of a boat like that.

Congratulations on a good fishing trip.

Lilly001

Equipment doesn’t matter.
Having fun does.

oldfella1962

Finally pulled my cheapo plastic boat out from behind the house, and went today for the 1st time this yr. This is probably my personal best bass. It's definitely my best on public water. Northeast ga.View attachment 1221721

I'm still kind of new to bass fishing. Caught 5 today in about 2 hours. This one in pic was the last/best one. I fished 3 hours after this one, and never got another bite. How do u explain that?
What a belly on that bass! (y) Where I fish the bigger bass are pretty streamlined. Young ones might be well fed looking, but not the older ones. Somebody on here might have an answer for that. What did you catch it on if I may ask?

oldfella1962

Some of my best fishing times were in a Sportsman's III plastic boat much like yours.
Sometimes you just can't beat the portability and low draft of a boat like that.

Two guys were in one on a small lake I fish. One was a pretty big guy and the other was average size and there was enough room for them & their gear. Very handy & efficient boats!

Shadow11

What a belly on that bass! (y) Where I fish the bigger bass are pretty streamlined. Young ones might be well fed looking, but not the older ones. Somebody on here might have an answer for that. What did you catch it on if I may ask?
Pumpkin senko worm. Yeah caught 5 and missed a few, but all were on the east side of the lake. No bites on the west side for some reason. Caught 3, including this one, and let one off that were all beside of a dead tree in the lake. Then fished about 20 other trees with zero hits lol.

Shadow11

Yeah i actually love this thing. Its a bass raider pontoon. Got it last year at academy for 750.00. Picked up a good lithium battery and a little 5 hp trolling motor. Does great in small lakes. The best part is it fits perfectly in the back of my little truck, and no boat ramp needed. I can drag it around easily, and even with my fat older brother in there it still gets around pretty good .

I think I might have screwed up though with my battery. I left it in my garage over the winter, but it was only half charged. I only got about 5 hours out of it yesterday. A buddy with a lot more experience told me you are supposed to store them with a full charge. Luckily i bought a little 5 lb lithium that i keep in my duffle bag in case this happened. I'd probably still be paddling if it wasnt for that.Screenshot_2023-04-17-07-01-33.png

Big7

The Oracle
Yeah i actually love this thing. Its a bass raider pontoon. Got it last year at academy for 750.00. Picked up a good lithium battery and a little 5 hp trolling motor. Does great in small lakes. The best part is it fits perfectly in the back of my little truck, and no boat ramp needed. I can drag it around easily, and even with my fat older brother in there it still gets around pretty good .

I think I might have screwed up though with my battery. I left it in my garage over the winter, but it was only half charged. I only got about 5 hours out of it yesterday. A buddy with a lot more experience told me you are supposed to store them with a full charge. Luckily i bought a little 5 lb lithium that i keep in my duffle bag in case this happened. I'd probably still be paddling if it wasnt for that.View attachment 1221798
Mine was just about like that in every way except it didn't have the beaver tail on the front end.

ryork

Nice bass! I had one of those little boats with a 3HP Minn Kota back in the day. Caught a ton of fish out of that little thing .

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Love that boat, but that’s a MONSTER BASS! Woohoo! Great catch and who cares if it’s the only bite you get! :cheers:

Latest posts