My biggest Flounder-- J reef 3 March

Sharkfighter

Fished J reef on a buddies boat,

We caught 2 Red Snapper, 2 Bull Reds, bunch of grunts and sea bass, tons of bonita, bluefish, Spanish and this nice 20 Inch flounder. I love bottom fishing salt water. You never know what you will catch!!

Got checked by DNR on way back in so make sure you follow regs and get those yearly SIPs renewed. Glad we did not keep the million 12 inch black sea bass (federal regs 13 in) or the red snapper.

Here is Tristan with his first ever Bull Red12.jpg

Had some Sashimi for Lunch, Need to bring some wasabi and soy sauce13.jpg

Love catching Bull reds. I am using a 4000 spinning reel and light rod suited for a black sea bass or grunt and all the sudden a freight train hits14.jpg

We must have drifted off the structure, I knew it was a good fish but saw this doormat when he was about ten foot below the boat. Very excited because a rare catch for me. Hit on a chunk of cut squid

15.jpg

Jimmy Lee Armel

We caught 2 Red Snapper, 2 Bull Reds, bunch of grunts and sea bass, tons of bonita, bluefish, Spanish and this nice 20 Inch flounder. I love bottom fishing salt water. You never know what you will catch!!

Got checked by DNR on way back in so make sure you follow regs and get those yearly SIPs renewed. Glad we did not keep the million 12 inch black sea bass (federal regs 13 in) or the red snapper.

Here is Tristan with his first ever Bull RedView attachment 961118

Had some Sashimi for Lunch, Need to bring some wasabi and soy sauceView attachment 961123

Love catching Bull reds. I am using a 4000 spinning reel and light rod suited for a black sea bass or grunt and all the sudden a freight train hitsView attachment 961124

We must have drifted off the structure, I knew it was a good fish but saw this doormat when he was about ten foot below the boat. Very excited because a rare catch for me. Hit on a chunk of cut squid

View attachment 961134
Very nice!

Bream Pole

hmmmmm sure they were not beeliners or vermillion snapper that closley resemble red snappers. you can keep a few of those. Thought you had to go out 40 miles to live bottom for red snapper. might want to look at regs for V. Snapper.
beautiful fish in pics and great flounder

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Nice looking Flounder. I love them fried.

Sharkfighter

hmmmmm sure they were not beeliners or vermillion snapper that closley resemble red snappers. you can keep a few of those. Thought you had to go out 40 miles to live bottom for red snapper. might want to look at regs for V. Snapper.
beautiful fish in pics and great flounder

Yeah I am sure. The last few years a lot of Red Snapper are being caught at reefs like J, L, and CCA in that 15-25 mi zone off shore. We just can't legally keep them.

This was the smaller of the 2, I do not have pic of larger one. This was about 14 inches (estimate).

When we get our snapper weekends I will go to the banks 40 mi out for a better shot at large snapper but I probably catch red snapper on about half of my frequent trips to J Reef. The funny thing is I never caught a vermillion at J or CCA etcsmsnapper.PNG

Bream Pole

Thanks. I would not be able to tell the difference and would not keep a vermillion for fear it was a red snapper. That said I didn't know the red snapper came in that near. Been a few years since i did off shore fishing. Went with friends who are now deceased. beautiful fish.

Big7

The Oracle
Good trip! I was talking to Boss Hen about going on vacation. I'll be going south, probably Clearwater out of John's Pass or Homestead out of Turkey Point. I've got the bug. Possibility a permanent move. Reading threads like this ain't helping.?
Congratulations!!!!

sentrysam

Here is Tristan with his first ever Bull RedView attachment 961118

Had some Sashimi for Lunch, Need to bring some wasabi and soy sauceView attachment 961123

Love catching Bull reds. I am using a 4000 spinning reel and light rod suited for a black sea bass or grunt and all the sudden a freight train hitsView attachment 961124

View attachment 961134
Major Rob ,way to go buddy .I sure miss fishin with you ,i hav'nt been in two years .health problems galore ,agent Orange finally reached out and touched me .May one day soon I can get on board with ya . tight lines brother