My boy Jr

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Been there before, that’s so special being that close for such a long time. Very special!

shawnrice

Awesome picture !
I got an an old man of my own he runs a little but cant hang to often with the pack ,he use to be the best one ,still the best I've ever owned ,as long as he wants to go I'm going to take him

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That’s great, looks like his pups done good , nice shed also !

Beagles N Boykins

Same here. If he comes to the kennel gate he gets in trailer. He has the run of the yard once it warms up in the spring. He walks with me most of the time cause he can’t hear or see. Has about 4 teeth left and gets can food every day. I’ll never be able to pay him back for all the hunts he led an the great pups that are running the show now. Wish he could live forever.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I had one get that age that went deaf. When he took a notion to go I’d have to get ahead of him to catch him as he couldn’t hear me call. Brother you touched a good memory. Good looking old fella on the right. :bounce:

dslc6487

Good memory, my friend. I have a 17 year old feist that brought me into squirrel hunting. Part of my family. Love her too much. Keep her well fed and a warm place to sleep. Spend time with her every day. Have a younger feist that I hunt with now, but she is not as good as my old Dixie was. Still let Dixie tag along occasionally when she feels like it. Still has her nose to the ground. Will even tree occasionally.
Been expecting her to pass most any day. That is going to be a sad day for me. When she does go to the hardwoods in the sky, I am going to have her earthly body cremated and when my time comes, she will go in the casket with me. My burial would not be complete without her. All of old hunters can recollect one special dog and Dixie was mine.....

Hillbilly stalker

You can sure tell he's been thru a briar patch or 2. I fellow really builds a kinship with his dogs. I'm glad you got some of his pups running, he will always be with you that way.

specialk

Very nice B&B....thanks for sharing....

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Dang dude you got me tearing up looking at them pics thinking of the ones I had.Went through the same thing with a few over the years. One thing I learned to late was you can never take enough pics of them or with them! Thanks for sharing and hope you have many more memories with your hound.

shawnrice

Same here. If he comes to the kennel gate he gets in trailer. He has the run of the yard once it warms up in the spring. He walks with me most of the time cause he can’t hear or see. Has about 4 teeth left and gets can food every day. I’ll never be able to pay him back for all the hunts he led an the great pups that are running the show now. Wish he could live forever.
I am glad to see you hanging on to him and treating him great ! ,I see lots of folks selling there old veteran dogs . I just cant do it myself ,I am like you I feel I OWE HIM for all the hunts and pleasure he brought me .My vet recommended me putting mine down when his back got hurt a couple years ago and I couldnt do it ..he now gets around ok and lives a good life . when I run him he still jumps rabbits ahead of the others some days ,and he has figured out he cant run with them but he will come out and head them off !! Funniest thing you ever want to see ,he figured out he could get back up front by cutting them off ...Lol

nrh0011

Great photos, I can only imagine how many memories come back to you just from looking at that one picture.

Tadder

Man thats a special OLD MAN right there. Love that look he's given them cottontails. He maybe think them boys gone be good with some gravy and biscuits. I'd feed him something special . Had a female that was 15 when she pasted , she was my deer tracing buddy.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Great thread guys, enjoyed reading about the bond man has with his hunting partners!!!!