My chufa patch

Thread starter #1

antharper

Went to my hunting property today to fill deer feeders and seen 2 hens with a flock of poults, made my day , took this pic of some chufa , all the rain we been getting sure has them looking good 027560DF-8693-4577-95B5-7F2632421E82.png

Mark K

Excuse my ignorance, but is Chufa the same as nut grass? I’d probably be banished from the county if I planted it, lol.

3chunter

Chufa is a bunch grass I think. Same family I believe as nut grass but a little different. All I know is turkeys love it.

Thread starter #7

antharper

Mark it’s not the same thing but in same family I believe , it’s but looks exactly the same, except chufa has a lot more nuts but I’ve seen turkeys dig in nut grass the same way , this is a bird I killed last season that had been in my chufas 12821375-2106-45C4-A333-C18D5E0702FE.jpeg

Mark K

Cool! Yeah, I always see my birds have been eating and this has me a little nervous about reaching my hand in, lol. They can sho’nuff stuff themselves!

Beagler282

Pretty green patch! Uhh that patch belongs to your daughter so please stay out of it. :ROFLMAO: