My daughters Baikal 20 ga.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I picked up this gun at a pawn shop a few yrs back , my daughter has taken a liking to turkey hunting and already killed 1 with it , I decided to put her a red dot and Give it a paint job , gonna take it to sumtoy and get a choke put in it next , but she's pretty deadly with it like it is up to about 30yds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 835

01Foreman400

Staff member
Looks really good. Let us know how it shoots with the new choke.

turkeykirk

Nice!

frogtownbuck

I bought the same gun a couple years back for my daughter , took it to a local gun shop and they told me the barrel was to thin to put in a choke. Shot skeet with it a few times and it did great,i am real interested how it goes for you so if you dont mind give us a update on the choke. Hope it works out for you.Would like to get it out of the safe and let the kids turkey hunt with it.

antharper

Staff member
I bought the same gun a couple years back for my daughter , took it to a local gun shop and they told me the barrel was to thin to put in a choke. Shot skeet with it a few times and it did great,i am real interested how it goes for you so if you dont mind give us a update on the choke. Hope it works out for you.Would like to get it out of the safe and let the kids turkey hunt with it.

I was planning on waiting til after season , but the barrel seems to be plenty thick , thicker than some of my choked guns and I've seen on here where others have done it

Johnny 71

Junebug
I was planning on waiting til after season , but the barrel seems to be plenty thick , thicker than some of my choked guns and I've seen on here where others have done it

Good looking set up, I got mine back from Sumtoy a couple weeks ago, very happy with it, good ideal to wait till after season tho, it may take a little while to get it back

sman

Cool little gun!

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
You did a great job painting the Baikal. The MP-18 is a great gun. My favorite 20 gauge for turkeys. Millions have been made and exported worldwide from Russia. Too bad they aren’t imported for the time being. Well-made gun and more than enough steel in the barrel to thread a choke. Sumtoy knows it inside out. Barrel comparison Baikal and Savage 220A 20 gauges. Thicker one is Baikal. Folks have the Savage choked all the time and it is considerably thinner at muzzle than the Baikal. I know of a handful of folks that have had Sumtoy choke the MP-18 in 20 ga. Remember Gadget’s great 220A? That gun inspired me to try the single shots. Once you get that gun rolling for your daughter, you are gonna want to use it yourself. You both are going to enjoy that gun.
AchmedSylvaniaBaikal022.jpg

First turkey with my Baikal 3 years ago. Sumtoyed from choke to trigger. Rattle-canned by me. Given to a buddy for a retirement present.
easterturkey_zps589dd2ce.jpg

Second MP-18 20 ga. Duracoated by me with the “shake and spray” kit. Season ender for me last spring. This barrel is 24” to end of choke. Sumtoyed.
IMG_20150506_074002595_zpsyur8vfqw.jpg

Here’s a photo a Chilean sent me of a local’s bag with his old Baikal 12, taped up to hold on the forend and stock. The gun works.
pato%20and%20game_zpszrqczwa9.jpg

Last edited:

frogtownbuck

Thank yall,i appreciate the info,i just took the gun shops word for it and stuck it back in the safe,he probably just didn't want to fool with it. I will check out the sumtoy and go from there, looks like it might make for an interesting little turkey gun.

antharper

Staff member
You did a great job painting the Baikal. The MP-18 is a great gun. My favorite 20 gauge for turkeys. Millions have been made and exported worldwide from Russia. Too bad they aren’t imported for the time being. Well-made gun and more than enough steel in the barrel to thread a choke. Sumtoy knows it inside out. Barrel comparison Baikal and Savage 220A 20 gauges. Thicker one is Baikal. Folks have the Savage choked all the time and it is considerably thinner at muzzle than the Baikal. I know of a handful of folks that have had Sumtoy choke the MP-18 in 20 ga. Remember Gadget’s great 220A? That gun inspired me to try the single shots. Once you get that gun rolling for your daughter, you are gonna want to use it yourself. You both are going to enjoy that gun.
AchmedSylvaniaBaikal022.jpg

First turkey with my Baikal 3 years ago. Sumtoyed from choke to trigger. Rattle-canned by me. Given to a buddy for a retirement present.
easterturkey_zps589dd2ce.jpg

Second MP-18 20 ga. Duracoated by me with the “shake and spray” kit. Season ender for me last spring. This barrel is 24” to end of choke. Sumtoyed.
IMG_20150506_074002595_zpsyur8vfqw.jpg

Here’s a photo a Chilean sent me of a local’s bag with his old Baikal 12, taped up to hold on the forend and stock. The gun works.
pato%20and%20game_zpszrqczwa9.jpg

What's that biggest animal ?