My Duck Mount

bnew17

I like it! I wish i had gotton my first duck mounted instead of eating it :bounce: Some guys on here just need to keep their mouths shut. and congrats!

JDAWG

congrats on your first mount.....my lab brought my first mount to me while it was on the wall (widgeon)....hang it high and be proud :)

hunterarod

Sometimes the only thing you need to say is congrats. There are some on here who can never say anything nice. CONGRATS!:cheers: man, and good luck getting a drake next year.

LOVEMYLABXS

CONGRATES on your first bird and mount :cool::cool:

As has been said becareful waterfowling can be addictive. Start out slow with buyin stuff and work your way up and it don't hurt the wallet quite as much :biggrin3:

I don't know what kind of camera you used for the pic but if you can(want to ) try this. Take you bird outside when you have a nice sunny day, as Cal said the hen is dull anyways so try to get the sun shinning over you left shoulder (watch your shawdow don't want it in the picture) so that it's shining from the head of your bird to the tail. Maybe try to find a spot where you can have some woods kind of in the background. You might even try to find a spot to place it with the sun coming from the tail forward. I think by doing this your mount won't look as washed out. if you try this be sure to post a new pic I'd like to see how it turns out.

Hope this help ya out and may you have many great days afield and many more birds on your strap. :cool:

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

can't believe i missed this:banginghe congrats on your first duck and just like someone else said welcome to the world of duck hunting, it gets brutal but it sure is fun.......i like the mount too, i think it looks good!!!

I like your mount too.I think your taxidermist did a great job.
I agree.. I really like the eyes in the second pic.
Congrat's on your duck:banana: and you will always have something to look back on now and remember the hunt by:clap:. Wood ducks are the prettiest duck in the wild.

Some of you fellas kill me. He didn't ask your opinion. He's proud of his first duck, went through the trouble to post pics of it and you just have to go and say something like that!! GIVE IT A REST OH GLORIOUS DUCK MASTER!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:I know I know. I'll go ahead and say you're a better duck hunter than I am!!!! I'll save you the trouble of typing it out.:rofl::rofl:

Thanks for saving us the trouble. :rolleyes:

jrtank

Congrats, I've mounted all of my 1st species including a drake woodie. It's 20+ years old. I would offer that there are some Taxid that can do a better job for you. Love the mount though.
If I could figure out how to add a picture I'd share it with you. After 20years it looks like the day I picked it up off lake oconee.

hummdaddy

awesome duck man , and congrats on your 1st duck !!!! i am not talking down on it at all , but when you get your drake mount the 2 on some old drift wood , cypress , or something else you like ... that thing will really pop then .... again great job man