My first bear

Thread starter #1

bear claw

I was hunting with a buddy and my dad opening weekend. And this sow came in to 17 yards about 7:30 saturday evening. I cut the arrow lose an the shot looked good. I thought i heard her crash but wasnt sure. Withing minutes of me shooting the bottom fell out an i was afraid i was going to lose my blood trail from the rain. I climbed down as quick as i could to find her laying maybe 20 yards from where i shot her. Very grateful for another memorable hunt with pops. And a buddy who is a bear whisperer. 22880.jpeg 22878.jpeg 23459.jpeg

Great job! Good to see somebody with a nice one. My luck wasn't so good on the retrieval of my bear this weekend. Thought I made a good shot on a big boar but he run forever and we couldn't retrieve him even with a tracking dog hired, a bucket of blood to trail, and about 12 hours of searching Saturday night and Sunday in the pouring rain. It was terrible but I enjoyed every second of it. First time I have ever seen a good one up close and they are truly one of God's most beautiful creatures. The feeling of drawing back on one finally, is unexplainable!

Thread starter #6

bear claw

Great job! Good to see somebody with a nice one. My luck wasn't so good on the retrieval of my bear this weekend. Thought I made a good shot on a big boar but he run forever and we couldn't retrieve him even with a tracking dog hired, a bucket of blood to trail, and about 12 hours of searching Saturday night and Sunday in the pouring rain. It was terrible but I enjoyed every second of it. First time I have ever seen a good one up close and they are truly one of God's most beautiful creatures. The feeling of drawing back on one finally, is unexplainable!
Hang in there man i shot one last year quartering away at 12 yards i thought he was a dead bear. After a few hundred yards of good blood hours of tracking and a blood dog i never seen him again. I was sick this one came in broadside i put the pin middle of the middle and he didnt go 20 yards. Your right nothing like drawing back in a bear. Im hooked. Good luck to you.

Many congrats! And getting to share them with your dad is the greatest..

Thread starter #14

bear claw

Thanks guys to say im pumped would be an understatement. Defiantly something ill never forget.