My first bear

bear claw

bearded driveler
I was hunting with a buddy and my dad opening weekend. And this sow came in to 17 yards about 7:30 saturday evening. I cut the arrow lose an the shot looked good. I thought i heard her crash but wasnt sure. Withing minutes of me shooting the bottom fell out an i was afraid i was going to lose my blood trail from the rain. I climbed down as quick as i could to find her laying maybe 20 yards from where i shot her. Very grateful for another memorable hunt with pops. And a buddy who is a bear whisperer. 22880.jpeg22878.jpeg23459.jpeg

Christian hughey

Great job! Good to see somebody with a nice one. My luck wasn't so good on the retrieval of my bear this weekend. Thought I made a good shot on a big boar but he run forever and we couldn't retrieve him even with a tracking dog hired, a bucket of blood to trail, and about 12 hours of searching Saturday night and Sunday in the pouring rain. It was terrible but I enjoyed every second of it. First time I have ever seen a good one up close and they are truly one of God's most beautiful creatures. The feeling of drawing back on one finally, is unexplainable!

bear claw

bearded driveler
Great job! Good to see somebody with a nice one. My luck wasn't so good on the retrieval of my bear this weekend. Thought I made a good shot on a big boar but he run forever and we couldn't retrieve him even with a tracking dog hired, a bucket of blood to trail, and about 12 hours of searching Saturday night and Sunday in the pouring rain. It was terrible but I enjoyed every second of it. First time I have ever seen a good one up close and they are truly one of God's most beautiful creatures. The feeling of drawing back on one finally, is unexplainable!
Hang in there man i shot one last year quartering away at 12 yards i thought he was a dead bear. After a few hundred yards of good blood hours of tracking and a blood dog i never seen him again. I was sick this one came in broadside i put the pin middle of the middle and he didnt go 20 yards. Your right nothing like drawing back in a bear. Im hooked. Good luck to you.

CornStalker

Many congrats! And getting to share them with your dad is the greatest..

Buckman18

Congratulations!