My Haralson County Buck

Duff

That’s some more of a fine buck!

That’s some more of a fine buck!
I have a very interesting and true story of how leaving the buck in a honeysuckle thicket at dark one evening after making a 2 hr, stalk on him and backing out of the thicket just as slow and as quietly as I had going I had going in to go back the next morning hoping he had spent the night there,,,36-447_03.jpg36-447_03.jpg

Would the GON forum like to read my story. I can email it to someone with the Forum if they would like to see it.I am a forum member but with red tape it would take me a half day to log in.Don’t remember UserName or pass word?

Wow what a buck! Did you take him with that lever gun?

That is a pre-64 Model 94 Winchester that I probably killed 30 deer with until I got to noticing that I was out of style and behind the times and I bought a new bolt action 30/06 and 3X9 scope. Then I got to noticing as I field dressed s couple of deer They were no more dead than when shot with the 30/30. After my gun dealer offered me $1,500.00 I gave it to my youngest Son-in-Law to never be sold,

ktc286

Lifelong Haralson County resident here and would love to hear the full story of this giant! I saw in another thread that you killed this guy around Dead man's curve. I have an aunt and uncle that have lived there my whole life. Excellent buck indeed sir!

Lifelong Haralson County resident here and would love to hear the full story of this giant! I saw in another thread that you killed this guy around Dead man's curve. I have an aunt and uncle that have lived there my whole life. Excellent buck indeed sir!

Who is your Aunt and Uncle, chances are I know them. I managed a builders supply in town around 70-71, it was one of a chain store of builders supplies then I went to work for a large Commercial Contractor in Carrollton as the Estimator and Project Manager. I wrote a long Short story and a very true story about taking my buck. I am not trying to sell the story but I would love to see it printed in and out door magazine. If you will send me your email address I will try to send you a copy of my story.
Thanks,
Garrell

ktc286

Who is your Aunt and Uncle, chances are I know them. I managed a builders supply in town around 70-71, it was one of a chain store of builders supplies then I went to work for a large Commercial Contractor in Carrollton as the Estimator and Project Manager. I wrote a long Short story and a very true story about taking my buck. I am not trying to sell the story but I would love to see it printed in and out door magazine. If you will send me your email address I will try to send you a copy of my story.
Thanks,
Garrell
Sent you a message Landspeedracer.

I killed this buck in Haralson County in 1974. It was measured by a Buckmasters Official Scorer in 2019, he scored 173 3/8”View attachment 1123121View attachment 1123123View attachment 1123124View attachment 1123125View attachment 1123124
Buck of a lifetime!! Awesome
I am proud to announce that my Haralson County Buck was entered into The BuckMasters Record Book of Whitetail Deer and the largest rack scored to date in this region of Georgia, I am not sure what this region is called and what all areas it covers but I am very pleased and appreciative that my Buck is getting the recognition it deserves.
Thanks,
Garrell Patterson055C80B3-D411-418B-99AF-8C177C4BFDAE.jpegDAB2C0B3-AEEB-45DE-A532-31CE383FC797.jpegDAB2C0B3-AEEB-45DE-A532-31CE383FC797.jpeg2A91D106-2CA5-40D7-81C1-EFBB52E21B7F.jpeg

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I am proud to announce that my Haralson County Buck was entered into The BuckMasters Record Book of Whitetail Deer and the largest rack scored to date in this region of Georgia, I am not sure what this region is called and what all areas it covers but I am very pleased and appreciative that my Buck is getting the recognition it deserves.
Thanks,
Garrell PattersonView attachment 1128649View attachment 1128650View attachment 1128650View attachment 1128651
Congrats ????