My hunt starts this Wednesday, can't wait!

longbowdave1

I've got five days to get my Tom starting Wednesday. Today we snuck out and set a few pop-up blinds in our favorites spots.

I had a trail camera out for the last month to see what the turkey movement was like for in the area. I really didn't expect more than a few turkey and deer pictures, but was I wrong! Caught some great turkey pictures, and plenty of them. I put together a video of all the pictures............

Now I'm fired up to get after them, hopefully we can knock a few down.

longbowdave1

Thanks. The blind I'll be in Wednesday is about 10 ft from the trail camera location. May be waiting game but I think they'll come through sooner or later.

longbowdave1

U using a long bow ?

No, not this time. I have in the past, and have yet to get a bird with longbow. Had a video of my failed attempt last year.

I will be using my single shot shoulder buster. It's H&R pardner frame, chambered in 3 1/2 inch, with a full choke barrel. You really got to lean into the shot, or you will be sittin' on your backside at the shot! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

geebler

5 days is an awful short season; what is your limit per season?

I enjoyed the video (especially the wolf pics, for some reason I don't seem to get many pics of wolves in Georgia), good luck on filling your tags.

longbowdave1

5 days is an awful short season; what is your limit per season?

I enjoyed the video (especially the wolf pics, for some reason I don't seem to get many pics of wolves in Georgia), good luck on filling your tags.

Glad you enjoyed the video. Our turkey season is much more stingy up here. You need to apply for a drawing in spring, and you might get 1 of the 6 consecutive one week periods, to get one Tom or one Jake. But we do have a fall season as well, where you can shoot one Tom or one Hen, and it runs from mid Sept-Dec 31st.

As far as the Wolf pic, I just assumed that its a coyote, we see plenty of them while hunting. There have been a few wolf sightings reported in the area, but I have yet to see the wolves. Here is a blown up version of the blurry picture....

Attachments

• 2017 Turkey scouting pictures 094.jpg
    2017 Turkey scouting pictures 094.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 488

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Any more over the counter tags there. I'm in Brookfield and looking to hunt on public land. Any advice?

geebler

Glad you enjoyed the video. Our turkey season is much more stingy up here. You need to apply for a drawing in spring, and you might get 1 of the 6 consecutive one week periods, to get one Tom or one Jake. But we do have a fall season as well, where you can shoot one Tom or one Hen, and it runs from mid Sept-Dec 31st.

As far as the Wolf pic, I just assumed that its a coyote, we see plenty of them while hunting. There have been a few wolf sightings reported in the area, but I have yet to see the wolves. Here is a blown up version of the blurry picture....

Oh, wow, that is quite a long fall season. It wouldn't be so bad to have a short spring season with that long in the fall.

Yeah, with it zoomed in it does look more like a coyote than a wolf.

longbowdave1

Yes sir, fun to be able to fall hunt them while bowhunting.

Here's the H&R Turkey pardner I picked up new about ten years ago for $160. full fixed choke, 24" barrel, and 3 1/2' chamber. Lightweight, easy to clean, and bullet proof. Tight groups out to 50yds. The slip on Limbsaver recoil pad is a must for the cannon. Nice compact gun for hunting out of a blind, or runnin' and gunnin'

It had a factory camo forearm and stock, with a black matt finish barrel and action. Got bored last week, and camo'd the barrel and action. A fist full of Winchester #5's, and I'm good to go.

Attachments

• turkey gun and umbrella1 006.jpg
    turkey gun and umbrella1 006.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 267

longbowdave1

Kinda slow so far. Lot of gobbling wed morning, hammering out gobbles from 5:30 am while stilll roosted. Had the bead on a nice Tom Wed. Just to far and thick to drop the hammer. Lot of rain yestetday. Just had another Tom out of range. Sun shinning now, maybe more birds will move.