My PB Lanier Spot for the Year

Scout'nStripers

I was out yesterday fishing in the cold rain and caught some good numbers at 40 feet deep in the ditches but this afternoon I decided to fish a few wind blown rocky points and it really paid off for quality. I had to stay on the trolling motor constantly to keep from getting pushed into the rocks but I managed to pop a couple good fish including my PB for the year. My best guess for the big girl was 5 and a half to 6lbs and easily my best for the year. I put a video on my YouTube page with a little more info about today and our upcoming fishing seminar. Here's a pic of my two biggest and PB for 2018....so far.
studs.jpg

RamblinWreck

Noice!

littlejon

Nice job, what a toad. I caught one of my biggest of the year recently. Wind can be tough but also can be your friend. Ever thought about tagging one of them?

Scout'nStripers

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
Nice job, what a toad. I caught one of my biggest of the year recently. Wind can be tough but also can be your friend. Ever thought about tagging one of them?
Thanks littlejon. I've not thought about tagging them but it would be interesting since a lot of my fishing is in the creek. I don't know how to go about getting the tags though.
Great looking fish jim!. Putting that Magnum spot made it worth fishing in the weather for sure.
Thanks Jonboater. Even though it was cold and windy it was a memorable day.

Lukikus2

LOL....I'll still pick on them striped bass every chance I get. I'm equal opportunity.

Yeah I know. Just don't everybody got guts to fish them points as rough as it gets sometimes. Normally they are there or not. Hard to leave if they are there :bounce: I've had a few times my front deck got iced over.

Congrats :rockon:

Scout'nStripers

Yeah I know. Just don't everybody got guts to fish them points as rough as it gets sometimes. Normally they are there or not. Hard to leave if they are there :bounce: I've had a few times my front deck got iced over.

Congrats :rockon:
Thanks Lukikus. I gotta give a shout out to my Minn Kota. I put a lot of trust in that thing on days like yesterday fishing that close to the rocks in the wind. These fish aren't completely stupid. I think they feel a little extra sense of security when it's whitecapping on those rocks. I think I've probably caught some of my best fish in extreme conditions.

TroyBoy30

You need to ask Santa for an ultrex. It’ll change the way you fish. It’s that good. Get the one with the di low q chirp transducer built in to pair with that Humminbird up front.

Scout'nStripers

You need to ask Santa for an ultrex. It’ll change the way you fish. It’s that good. Get the one with the di low q chirp transducer built in to pair with that Humminbird up front.
Not sure I want to change. I'm doing pretty good with what I have....LOL Seriously though, I can't afford anything after the coin we just dropped on the new house in the background of the picture.
Beautiful spots!!!
Thanks Dustin!

Lukikus2

Not sure I want to change. I'm doing pretty good with what I have....LOL Seriously though, I can't afford anything after the coin we just dropped on the new house in the background of the picture.
Thanks Dustin!

So how much for room and board for a week? In March when it's a tad cooler. :bounce:

Congrats on the home too!

Scout'nStripers

So how much for room and board for a week? In March when it's a tad cooler. :bounce:

Congrats on the home too!
We could probably work something out Lukikus. I have 2 bunk rooms, a bar, sauna and billiards room down in the man cave. I designed it with my fishing and old Navy buds in mind.billiards.jpg