NAAGA

Thread starter #1
I just saw a news report about an organization in Atlanta for black gun owners (not owners of black guns) called NAAGA, the National African American Gun Association. The reporter asked why members didn’t just join NRA instead of forming their own club. The president’s response was something to the effect of, the NRA serves some people’s needs but not black gun owner’s needs. A member said she joined and bought a gun because she felt threatened by white nationalists and wanted to be able to protect herself from them. The reporter didn’t ask if members of other races could join NAAGA.

I think many individuals feel the NRA, like other huge organizations, have done a lot of good in the past but may now be politically motivated by special interest.
We've discussed some other organizations on GON which may be better to join such as opencarry.org.

There is one called Georgia Gun Owners. So why join one just for Georgians or just for Blacks or just for open carry? Good question.

It's kind of ironic that a certain group or race wants inclusion but then starts something like Miss Black America or the Negro College Fund.
I keep saying it, there are no quantifiable metrics for satisfaction. This will never end. There is no "as soon as X percentage of blacks have Y percentage of Z than all will be well.

It's a zero sum game to them, to all "protected" classes really.

I think Blacks, being Democrats and pro-gun, don't really have an alternative. The NRA is against Democrats pretty much.

I've talked to some about it and they wish gun ownership was never a big part of the party divide. I think it's going to be an even bigger part this next election.

I keep saying it, there are no quantifiable metrics for satisfaction. This will never end. There is no "as soon as X percentage of blacks have Y percentage of Z than all will be well.

It's a zero sum game to them, to all "protected" classes really.
I can't see the Democrats or Republicans giving up those protected classes. Realizing that they never will be happy, it should be up to me, as an individual, to form my own classes.

All I know is that NAAGA or any other organization owes its existence to the NRA. When you pick up a firearm remember that you can do that thanks to the NRA. That is all.

Thread starter #13
I wonder how she can tell if someone is a white nationalists?
I’m white and I guess to some I’m a nationalist, because I would put the interests of this country and its’ people ahead of other countries. I want other countries to prosper but not to the detriment of the United States. I’ve never threatened that woman, or anyone else, with bodily harm.

The more pro-gun groups we have the better. If they think they are going to change the thinking of the people they knee-jerk vote for I think they are in for a sad surprise. Still, I am not unhappy with black people realizing how important are the freedoms spelled out in the Constitution.

And it could also be 'non-profit-eering' much like The Great Stacy Abrams is doing with the whole vote suppression sham.

All I know is that NAAGA or any other organization owes its existence to the NRA. When you pick up a firearm remember that you can do that thanks to the NRA. That is all.
That's true but these days I'm not real big on the NRA. There's way too much drama over there and I'm thinking Big Wayne and his Armani suit is the cause of it. My money is going to GOA.

NRA life member. Also NRA member unhappy with current leadership. I am very upset that the paid senior staff of NRA chose to spend my money so grossly over the past 10 years even as we face some very difficult challenges to 2A. I am also upset at LaPee-air and his Stalin like house cleaning!

But then, I was a member of GGO for a few years - until my state rep told me the GGO director had insulted so many reps, especially leadership, that nothing "gun" was gonna happen. Nothing gun happened that year so I checked, and other state Reps said pretty much the same. I don't send GGO any more money.

I hope that is not what happens with NRA, but what I am hearing seems to indicate that (one) LaPee-air is refusing to consider leaving and (two) a lot of members are NOT sending money to the NRA until LaPee-air is gone!

Difficult times - I wonder if NAAGA wants a grouchy old, very traditional, southern white guy on their rolls?

NRA life member. Also NRA member unhappy with current leadership. I am very upset that the paid senior staff of NRA chose to spend my money so grossly over the past 10 years even as we face some very difficult challenges to 2A. I am also upset at LaPee-air and his Stalin like house cleaning!

But then, I was a member of GGO for a few years - until my state rep told me the GGO director had insulted so many reps, especially leadership, that nothing "gun" was gonna happen. Nothing gun happened that year so I checked, and other state Reps said pretty much the same. I don't send GGO any more money.

I hope that is not what happens with NRA, but what I am hearing seems to indicate that (one) LaPee-air is refusing to consider leaving and (two) a lot of members are NOT sending money to the NRA until LaPee-air is gone!

Difficult times - I wonder if NAAGA wants a grouchy old, very traditional, southern white guy on their rolls?
Georgia Carry is a much more effective outfit than GGO. :wink:

https://www.georgiacarry.org/