NASCAR stuff

dutchman

I have a bunch of diecast stock cars. I mainly collect the different paint schemes of Terry Labonte's cars, but I have a good many of other drivers as well (Earnhardt, Sr., Earnhardt, Jr., Bill Elliott, and lots of others). I mainly collect 1/24 scale but I also have lots of 1/64 scale stuff.

Also have a few racing related flags, caps, programs, ticket stubs, and such. I may try to photograph some of it and post some pictures.

Anybody else?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Yeah I got a few things. I have a Davey Allison 1/24 scale car, not in the box. I have a Dale Earnhart Wheeties car 1/64 scale in the box unopened. I got a few others as well. Just never really got in to it as much as Baseball cards.

double b

Yeah, I've got a whole room dedicated to my nascar collectibles. It started with racing cards, then on to diecast and then on to anything. I've got mostly Dale Sr. & Jr. items. Everything from a tire of Dale Sr. to the cork from his champagne bottle from his 75th win at Atlanta. I'll have to post pics of it. I used to have Rusty Wallace's car door from Atlanta in the last race of the century, but I sold it. I've got a helmet signed by about 30 drivers including Dale Sr, Kenny Irwin Jr.,and Adam Petty, so I really feel pretty lucky. I've got a 1998 Daytona 500 Commeorative Ticket signed by Dale Sr. and Richard Childress, along with grass from the infield of Daytona. I've got all kinds of stuff and tons of autographs. I'll try to post a few pics if anyone's interested in seeing it.

dutchman

Double B, I'd be interested in seeing some of that stuff. Sounds like a really cool collection.

double b

I'll take some pics and try posting when I get home.

double b

Here's the racing room...

I think this is going to be kind of a long post, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum. I took some pics of my racing room and as you will see, 95% is Dale Sr. and Jr. or DEI.
Pic 1 is some autograph pictures I have collected
Pic 2 is the Dale Sr. tire, the legacy trucks, and misc diecast
Pic 3 is again of the tire, the auto. helmet, hoods, etc.
Pic 5 is a display I built. I got Michael Waltrips gloves in the last race of the Century at Atlanta (Nov. '99). He drove the 7 car and crashed bad. One of his crew gave me his gloves and I was able to meet MW and get him to sign them.
Pic 6 is a display I built for Sr. and Jr Cars and the Nascar Ill. Earnhardt Legacy. I met both of them and got them to sign it. I found the 1/64 set later which includes Ralph Earnhardt car.
Pic 7 is the diecast and cork from victory lane from Sr's 75th in Atlanta. He and Bobby Labonte down to the wire. I was in Victory Lane and caught the cork. Unfortunately, the piece of junk camera I had did not load the film and I ended up with 0 pictures of it. (I bought a new camera the next day)
Pic 9 is the Sam Bass pic of Sr & Jr. which is signed by both. Above it is the #3 Louisville Slugger bat, below is the 24 hr car and Jr. & Sr. Talledega Victory cars.
Pic 11 is another wall of pics & cars
Pic 12 is corner of cars, cereal boxes, etc.
Pic 14 is a display I built of the 2001 DEI cars
Pic 17 is a display I built for the Daytona Series. It includes the ticket signed by Sr. and Richard Childress, and a pinch of grass from the infield of Daytona.

Well, that's about it. Actually it's not. About 1/4 is put up because of no room, not to mention cards and other things.

Sorry this was so long, but I appreciate you taking the time and letting me share it.

Attachments

• Raceroom1 (640 x 480).jpg
    Raceroom1 (640 x 480).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 281
  • Raceroom2 (640 x 480).jpg
    Raceroom2 (640 x 480).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Raceroom3 (640 x 480).jpg
    Raceroom3 (640 x 480).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Raceroom5 (640 x 480).jpg
    Raceroom5 (640 x 480).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 233
  • Raceroom6 (640 x 480).jpg
    Raceroom6 (640 x 480).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Raceroom7 (640 x 480).jpg
    Raceroom7 (640 x 480).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Raceroom9 (640 x 480).jpg
    Raceroom9 (640 x 480).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 240
  • Raceroom11 (640 x 480).jpg
    Raceroom11 (640 x 480).jpg
    106 KB · Views: 230
  • Raceroom12 (640 x 480).jpg
    Raceroom12 (640 x 480).jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Raceroom14 (640x480).jpg
    Raceroom14 (640x480).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Raceroom17 (640 x 480).jpg
    Raceroom17 (640 x 480).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 272

dutchman

Very cool stuff, Double B. You obviously love the sport. I'll try to get some photos posted later today.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wow, looks like you got it bad. Nice look'n room. Congrats.:cool:

Woody's Janitor

Double b, you got it going! That's a hard core collection.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Nice Collection! I hope you have it insured well as some of those Sr items are very very valuable! Cool thanks for sharing it with us.

Mark

REMINGTON710

My sister's frind has 5or6 thousand cars but a few are dragesters

Parker Phoenix

I have a few boxes of these NASCAR collectables I have bought as far back as the late 80's and 90's. Some series 1's and stuff. Just sitting in the attic, how would a fellow find out the value of these items?

Woody's Janitor

Parker Phoenix said:
I have a few boxes of these NASCAR collectables I have bought as far back as the late 80's and 90's. Some series 1's and stuff. Just sitting in the attic, how would a fellow find out the value of these items?
Me too!!!! I'm not worried about the value because I guess I will give them to my nephew one day.

LJay

Retired Mod
Woody's Janitor said:
Me too!!!! I'm not worried about the value because I guess I will give them to my nephew one day.
Hey, Uncle Teddy. How are you today????????

Woody's Janitor

LJay said:
Hey, Uncle Teddy. How are you today????????
Larry, I don't have any Rick Flair cars!!!! WOOOO

dutchman

As far as determining value of diecast cars, there used to be a magazine and price guise out called Diecast Digest that was helpful in getting a general idea as to "value."

I find that Ebay is a pretty fair barometer of what soemthing like this is worth. You'll be able to gauge the demand by the number of bids on an item, as well as getting an idea of what that item might sell for if you decided to part with it.

The diecast market is just about like any other collectibles market, IMO. An item is only worth what a person will pay you for it.

Maybe you'd like to list some of what you have, Parker Phoenix, and maybe someone here can help you with placing a value on them.