NASCAR

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
A friend of mine’s father built engines during that time frame. He tells the story about the gas tank all the time. NASCAR officials watching him drive off with the fuel tank laying on the ground.

Then the carb within a carb with a cable run into the car. Baker pulling away from the pack. There’s some ingenuity and engineering.

I like the time that Marty Removed the restrictor plate from his Purple Charger, after qualification at Talladega. Said he just wanted to see how he would do with a fast car.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
He had figured out a way to loosen the restrictor plate enough that is would fall out. He was running 15 mph than he qualified, but pulled off the track late in the race. Nascar was not too happy with him.

tr21

used to go to every race in the southeast back in the 80's, but when they put the restrictor plates on I started watching lawnmower racing instead :ROFLMAO:. with this new junk they call racing they should just have the teams number on a roulette wheel and the number it lands on wins. they should slow them down they're going soooo fast someone could get hurt ! closest I get to watching nascar these days is watching Ricky Bobby with the Frenchman sitting on the pole

specialk

I love nascar, it's my kind of race....watching kyle busch tear down the wall puts a big smile on my face, no one drove a car quite like earnhardt.....zoom zoom zoom i love nascar.....reminds me of a song...lol....been a fan all my life....started going as a child in the 70's......i still go to 6-8 cup/xfin races every year....racing now is as good as it's ever been....and by the way, there are no plates in nascar any more.....

tr21

I guess they don't need plates anymore because every car is exactly the same. then they run 3 or 4 races in 1, so if 1 driver is too fast they stop him and bunch the cars back up and start another race. it's a joke now, they used to drive 500miles straight and at the end whoever crossed the finish line 1st was the winner, now who knows how they figure it out there's 6 winners in each race. i guess they do that so nobody gets their feelings hurt

specialk

it was much better when there was only 1 or 2 cars on the lead lap.....or when jarret spanked the field 22 laps ahead of er'body.....bet that was a hoot to watch 5 hours of that!!!

tr21

yep and the other teams were working night and day to figure out how to keep up in the next race. now its like playing musical chairs with 10 players and 10 chairs

jbarron

BANNED
Good grief... what a whine-a-thon.

Congratulations CHASE on his second victory of the season.

specialk

Good grief... what a whine-a-thon.

Congratulations CHASE on his second victory of the season.

almost perfect, sat on the pole, won all 3 stages, led 80 of 90 laps, got the checkers and beat probably the best righty/lefty driver out there today......only race run there better was smokes win back in 02....kids going places......met him once, wife and i were on a flight to vegas, we were seated and he walks past us to the rear......we get to vegas and weather prevented us from landing....had to go to cally, land, fill up, and go back to vegas.4 hr flight turnred to 8...we got off and waited for him....he walked off and went to the side and started texting...wife walked over and approached him....nicest kid you've ever met....we talked for a minute then left him be. HMS has got to get the stuff back to par though....

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
it was much better when there was only 1 or 2 cars on the lead lap.....or when jarret spanked the field 22 laps ahead of er'body.....bet that was a hoot to watch 5 hours of that!!!

If it was your guy in the lead, it weren't so bad. A lap or two was not a safe lead back then, due to reliability issues, luck and racing back to the green. My most favorite race ever was the 1964 Daytona 500. Petty won it by a lap, but the race was contested until the last set of pit stops.

Patriot44

Banned
Would rather get a root canal. Watched or listened to every race from about '83- 2005 ish.

As a matter of fact, whats your address, Ill pay you not to watch that made for television reality show.

specialk

You aint got enuff money....

tr21

used to love watching Harry Gant IN THE SKOAL BANDIT. Bill Elliott in the Bud ford and even Marty Robbins splitting pit wall here in Atlanta in that ugly chartreuse and purple car during qualifying back in the late 70's/early 80's. every race was sold out, infield was packed here in atl from wed evening til way after the race on sunday. watch a race now more empty seats than filled one's! yep Nascar is doing great

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
tires. that is how you slow them down and still let the engine guys and the suspension guys make their magic work. put it back in the drivers hands. i hate this hold it on the floor and turn left driving show

tcward

I love nascar, it's my kind of race....watching kyle busch tear down the wall puts a big smile on my face, no one drove a car quite like earnhardt.....zoom zoom zoom i love nascar.....reminds me of a song...lol....been a fan all my life....started going as a child in the 70's......i still go to 6-8 cup/xfin races every year....racing now is as good as it's ever been....and by the way, there are no plates in nascar any more.....
Watch your mouth about Kyle. Lol! I’m like you K, grew up with racing and still love it even though it ain’t like it use to be...