NASCAR

specialk

used to love watching Harry Gant IN THE SKOAL BANDIT. Bill Elliott in the Bud ford and even Marty Robbins splitting pit wall here in Atlanta in that ugly chartreuse and purple car during qualifying back in the late 70's/early 80's. every race was sold out, infield was packed here in atl from wed evening til way after the race on sunday. watch a race now more empty seats than filled one's! yep Nascar is doing great

Gants going to be on dale jrs download show this week....he had dave marcus on last week....out to be another good one....

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Nascar is a shell of it's former self. If it is so great, why have sear been ripped out of tracks by the thousands, why are the TV rating near the bottom of the barrel, Car sponsors dropping out, and ever the series sponsor changing every two or three years, and each time for less money. They can take their lucky Dawg, stage racing, and ever changing formulas to win the Championship and move it to pay for view as far as I am concerned, and I followed the Sport for 50 years. They can keep trying to sell a poor product or finally admit, they are fading fast. Look back a few years of history on this Forum, and Nascar threads were prominent on it. I have been to, watched, or listened to close to a thousand races in my life, and they have been losing fans like me by the thousands. They hardly mention what type car a guy is driving anymore.

Yup, I preferred watching the King, rather than Gordon. I admit that. I've also always enjoyed watching tracks where they have driven faster than I have...lol. So, not a big fan of short track racing....preferring races like today's at Michigan, Daytona, Pocono and Talladega. But, I also love road courses!

But, I love Brad Kezelowski's trip around the track after any win, displaying the American flag. And today Happy Harvick, who's not a favorite of mine, just took his son with him in the car, for a victory lap. That's darn cool!

There are NO members of any NASCAR team that disrespect our flag or nation as that play OUR song. Don't forget that. Watch pre race, and post race, at least....

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Yup, I preferred watching the King, rather than Gordon. I admit that. I've also always enjoyed watching tracks where they have driven faster than I have...lol. So, not a big fan of short track racing....preferring races like today's at Michigan, Daytona, Pocono and Talladega. But, I also love road courses!

But, I love Brad Kezelowski's trip around the track after any win, displaying the American flag. And today Happy Harvick, who's not a favorite of mine, just took his son with him in the car, for a victory lap. That's darn cool!

There are NO members of any NASCAR team that disrespect our flag or nation as that play OUR song. Don't forget that. Watch pre race, and post race, at least....
I grew up around the short tracks around N.E. Ohio. I'm kind of partial to them

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
It's kind of funny. Those that bash NASCAR and don't watch it sure seem to know what's going onfacepalm:

15 years ago I knew what was going on. I don't know nuttin about this racing for segment wins ( or whatever they call it) resets, or qualifying for the 'chase'

I know racing back to a green flag, coming down pit road and sliding the last 75 ft trying not to go by your pit box, going 3 wide into turn 3 at Darlington and getting the world famous Darlington stripe ( yes, I know it is turn 1 now, but for me, it will always be turn 3) tires wearing out after 50 laps at Rockingham, and walking into the pits, shaking hands with The King, and wishing him a good race. (and being introduced to his wife at the concession stand in Darlington)

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
We’ve done business with some of the teams, watched the races from both sides of track. Close friends are still deeply involved with the sport.

14D96011-919F-4BDB-8963-D72ADF13FC31.jpeg

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
oh yeah... I know that Cale flops the ground pretty good when he misses bulldogging a cow outta the back of Mr. Carters 1950 F1 pickup truck too. :biggrin2::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
oh yeah... I know that Cale flops the ground pretty good when he misses bulldogging a cow outta the back of Mr. Carters 1950 F1 pickup truck too. :biggrin2::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rockon:

turkeykirk

Loved watching this car come around the track back in the day. My favorite style car. Wish I had the money back then to buy one.:biggrin3:FEC891F8-2440-4FA0-A069-91E971A055A2.jpeg

joepuppy

I watched it for years, was a die hard Mark martin fan. Switched over to Harvick after Mark retired. Now, I haven't watched a race in probably 5-6 years. I remember when getting Bristol tickets was like finding Bigfoot. Now you could probably get in at the gate on race day. They tried to shift the fan base to a younger generation, and it blew up in their face. They didn't stay loyal to those who made the sport a success, and are paying the price.If I need a nap, I'll watch the PGA tour on CBS.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Record every race.

This is the first year we have not organized a Woody’s Racing fantasy league in 15 or so years.

Empty seats at the Bristol tonight.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have look 10 years back on the sports forum, and it was not unusual to see half of the threads on a page to be Nascar related.