Nashville Tennessee

If you can catch some type of show at the Ryman downtown try to do it. Great place and I've seen concerts about as different as you can get; Dan Fogelburg and Grand Funk to name a couple (yes, that Grand Funk)

While it may seem odd, the huge Opryland Hotel is a tourist destination all on it's own and you can see some of it from a nice boat ride through the canal that winds through the inside of the hotel.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
If you can catch some type of show at the Ryman downtown try to do it. Great place and I've seen concerts about as different as you can get; Dan Fogelburg and Grand Funk to name a couple (yes, that Grand Funk)

While it may seem odd, the huge Opryland Hotel is a tourist destination all on it's own and you can see some of it from a nice boat ride through the canal that winds through the inside of the hotel.

Yea.. I think the wife has already booked some sort of boat tour. Thanks

BeerThirty

Not sure age of your kids, but we went last year when ours were 8 and 5. Not much to see on Broad Street with young kids other than the typical touristy shops, etc.. You could pop in a honky tonk for some food, they might like that, but my kids weren't all that crazy about the music scene and they didn't understand the nostalgia. We also walked down to the river and then the Titans stadium, they enjoyed that. We did the Opry and Ryman, my kids were bored out of their mind for that, but my wife and I enjoyed it. Everyone like the Parthenon.

Frankly, the vibe I got from Nashville was that it wasn't a good vacation spot for young families, but it would definitely be a fun weekend out for you and your wife.

GeorgiaBob

Ryman Auditorium downtown is where the Opry broadcast from for decades. They still do special shows there. No tour of Nashville is complete without the Ryman, the Purple Orchid Lounge (lower Broadway (Purple Orchid's back door is across the alley from the Ryman's stage door), and the studio's on 16th (and nearby) are Country Music's core history.

Don't forget to visit the state capital building on top of the hill. Still has the "dents" from Union cannon fire.