National Hunting and Fishing Day

hntrchk29

saturday sept 25th is national hunting and fishing day and to celebrate the foresrty and wildlife club at abac is sponsoring a kids day fishing rodeo and cast at Paradise public fishing area in Barrien county. we will be out there helping the kids with the contest and we will have a tent full of study skins for the kids to look at. anyone in the area is welcome to come. it starts at 8:30 am. come out and bring the kids. *it'd be a great chance to take some pics to enter in the kids photo contest ;) *
jessie

Slug-Gunner

National Hunting & Fishing Day at Fort Gordon, GA

Fort Gordon, GA will honor National Hunting and Fishing Day by having a "Kid's Fishing Derby" at Claypits II and III on 25 September 2004 from 8AM-11:30AM.
More info can be found at: http://www.fortgordon.com/fgsc.htm

Our shooting range will also be open on this day and pellet rifles, .22 rifles, and 20 ga shotguns will be available for children under 16 to shoot FREE.
I will post more info on this later by editing this message.

NOTE: I had written up a complete explanation of this but LOST IT ALL when my IP dropped out for several minutes. :confused: ::huh:
I will rewrite it tomorrow again with more details about these events.

:D :clap: :flag: :type:

Deadline

Hunting and fishing day at Unicoi State Park

Outdoor activities for the whole family will take place from 10 am until 4 pm in the big field by Smith Creek below the dam at Unicoi State Park. The creek will be heavily stocked with trout for fishing. Fly casting instruction, an archery range and a lot of other activities will be going on.

Kdog

I may try to bring the boys up to Unicoi. Only problem being that they have soccer from 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM. Church Sunday morn limits hunting, so we will see. It would be a long day for most, but Logan should be game.

Kdog

Slug-Gunner

After Action Report:

After-Action Report:

We had the Kid's Fishing Derby Today at Fort Gordon, GA and had a very good turn out.... approximately 330 kids were registered by their parents. Although the winning total weights weren't very high (10-15 lbs max total for 1st place winners in each age group; 3-5, 6-8,9-12, &13-15 yrs of age), the kids all had a great time. Approximately $1200 in door prizes were given out consisting of fishing rod sets, tackle boxes & bags, and other items.

After the Kid's Fishing Derby we had our Tactical Advantage Sportsman's Complex range (Range 14) open for "FREE" shooting for kid's under 16. We had a turnout of around 50 kids signed in who had great fun shooting .22 rifles at paper targets and "reactive" spinner targets; we had two trap throwing machines set up and allowed the kids to learn to shoot at them using .410, 20 ga, or 12 ga shotguns. We even allowed a few parents, WHO HAD NEVER SHOT A GUN BEFORE TO GIVE IT A TRY. All shooters for this event were closely supervised by either Hunter Education Instructors or Range Safety Officers along with assistance from students from the NCO Development Academy (both BNOC & ANOC). We also had our archery range open for those who wished to learn how to shoot a bow. We went thru about 2500 rounds or .22 ammo and about a case each of .410 and 20 ga shotshells. Not too many kids were up to trying the 12 ga shotguns. All guns used were furnished to us by the GA DNR Youth Development Program.
Some of the kids were exceptionally good and accurate for not haveing fired anything other than a BB gun previously. One girl about 8 years old ought to be a good candidate for the Olympic Shooting Team since she was shooting the "centers" out of the .22 targets at 25 yards. A couple of the mothers, who had never shot a gun before, wanted to learn more about shooting sports but didn't own a gun at the time. Shortly, in the near future the Fort Gordon Sportsman's Club and MWR Outdoor Recreation will have guns at the Tactical Advantage Sportsman's Complex available for rental and use in Firearms Training Courses to be held starting after the first of next year.
This was the largest turnout we have had at our range for National Hunting and Fishing Day during the last 3 years we have had it for the kids.
:D :clap: :flag: :p

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks for all you did for the kids. I was slack this year and elt it get by me.

H

HT2

Very Cool!!!!!!!!

That's a good deal to get "kids" interested in Huntin'/Fishin'......

Hope it goes well for all..... :clap: