Nativ nursery trees

fountain

Have any of you planted any hardwood trees from nativ nursery? I've got about 3 acres I'm going to plant in hardwood and fruit trees and was looking into some of their oaks and hybrids. I have a list that was recommended to me that includes shumard, cherry bark, post, sawtooth and a hybrid called rainmaker. I have a liking for the gobbler sawtooth as well.
I dont know a lot about any of those other than the sawtooth or gobbler.

Any of you have any experience with nativ nursery or have a layout plan? I was told 35x35 for spacing. That's roughly 105 trees for 3 acres. I need to make a good mix of trees that drop early to late and some fruit

westcobbdog

Do a search for your topic on GON and there quite a few past threads regarding the subject.
The Wildlife Group and Ga Forestry Commission are good sources. Isons sells trees, too. Avoid the nursery at ty ty, I think, with a fancy web appearance and cruddy product / support.

SRShunter

I was very happy with their trees. Another one is chestnut hills in alachua fl. Big trees and they are running a great discount right now

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Plant them far enough apart to get good wind spacing once they are mature.Make sure you get trees that are fire blight resistant.It can be a big problem in Ga.

glynr329

I kinda of like the Gobbler better because if I am not mistaking drops a little latter. The trees I am planting all I can find at a good deal is the Chestnut tree. I did buy 50 of the saw tooth oak and 50 of the persimmon trees from Ga Forestry due to receive them in January.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I kinda of like the Gobbler better because if I am not mistaking drops a little latter. The trees I am planting all I can find at a good deal is the Chestnut tree. I did buy 50 of the saw tooth oak and 50 of the persimmon trees from Ga Forestry due to receive them in January.
Plant a couple of Japanese persimmons. Mine hold till Jan some years.

sportsman94

I planted some sawtooths and nutalls from them a couple years ago. They are growing pretty good so far. Gonna place another order soon. You may want to try Missouri forestry commission too. They are the cheapest place I found and carry several of the trees you mentioned. I just placed an order with them and shipping was only $10 if I’m not mistaken.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I have planted a few of the Japanese persimmons myself and have had no luck but keep trying. I wish I knew the trick.
I put tree surrounds and watered during the summer every week.the first year.They dont like any shade either.

bhouston

Nativ is good source for hardwoods. Bought some chestnuts from NN - still looking good after 3 years. For fruit trees (and hardwoods, too) you cant beat Hallman Farms in South Carolina. They have the best and hardiest fruit trees - they used to supply Edwaard Fort wit the Trophy, Docs, Gio Van pears that grow fast, dont need extra pollinators and are blight resistant. Ask for Janice Hallman - super helpful.