Navigational advice

Redman54

Keep this in mind. There's only two types of folks that fish in salt-water... Those that have been stuck, and those that won't admit to being stuck. Meaning..... everyone that fishes the Georgia coast is going to get stuck at some point or another. It happens to everyone. Live and learn.

Mexican Squealer

Good depth finder, following crab pots and having plenty of beer on board in case things don’t go as planned will pretty much have you covered.

CaptainSolo

My process for running areas like this are: #1) have the most up to date Navionics data on your card and your phone. #2) for running areas that are shallow, like a river, I will look at google earth, or iMaps to see if I can see any areas that look like there is a shallow bar, or rocks. You can usually find a satellite image that shows all the shallow structure you are looking to avoid.

bnz

If coming in from offshore it's "red return right" but if you are on the ICW or inshore red is on the clockwise (or inside/mainland) side (looking at a map of the US).

For the record I have never been stuck. It was a momentary pause in forward progress. Tomayto / Tomato
But,,, it has only happened a few times!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
What happens when you hit going fast.
Well if your not driving and not paying attention. You end up, wadded up in a ball at the front of the boat. If your lucky you wont end up in the water.