NE Alabama Ducks

NCK

Anyone ever hunted the Tennessee river in NE AL? There are several WMAs up there and it is about 2 hours from me. I'm thinking about taking my duck boat up there and scouting this summer. Any intel is appreciated!

Gaducker

After opening weekend you may as well send me your gas money. Cause you have to work for it after the opener.

greg@teamlivewire

Get a good map, google earth and think outside the box. Killing ducks consistently takes imagination and alot of scouting. I hunted over there for probably 8 years on a regular basis. Don't think I ever spent much time on the water I didn't find new water I didn't know was there. Find some ducks nobody knows is there and figure out how to kill'em. Blowing a call from a boat blind over a dozen decoys will rarely get you results.

clent586

Someone told me that you may have a shot at a coot if you are lucky?

wingding

it's not a bad place to hunt if you put more time in scouting than hunting.

Hard Core

Summer scouting will let you learn the waters. Keep an eye on your water pump if you get in the grass.

HAPPY DAD

Summer scouting will let you learn the waters. Keep an eye on your water pump if you get in the grass.

If you have grass you will have ducks. At the worst you may can have you a ringneck shoot. I always heard the gads were thick in there IF the weather got right.