Nebraska Diy public land

Randell

I plan on going on my first out of state hunt this year I was planing on flying in to Denver Colorado and work my way north thru Nebraska I plan on hunting 9 days!! Ever thing I look up talks about the northwest corner I don't care if I kill a hybrid or a Merriam has any one hunted the south west part of the state?

I know you said the SW corner but maybe another option to consider is flying into Omaha and hunting NE or SE?

Eastern part of the State is also loaded with turkey. If you go online the State has maps of crp wmas and State parks and also a woods and water program that pays farmers or landowners to let others hunt their land. We hunted on some last year for pheasant and quail and did okay. If you hunt bottom lands by the rivers here assuming the flooding subsides by the Mo River I haven't been by the Platte River or Elkhorn River you should do well on turkeys, Morrel hunters are thick in Late April early May and can be annoying on public ground at times. Good Luck

Randell

I know you said the SW corner but maybe another option to consider is flying into Omaha and hunting NE or SE?

Eastern part of the State is also loaded with turkey. If you go online the State has maps of crp wmas and State parks and also a woods and water program that pays farmers or landowners to let others hunt their land. We hunted on some last year for pheasant and quail and did okay. If you hunt bottom lands by the rivers here assuming the flooding subsides by the Mo River I haven't been by the Platte River or Elkhorn River you should do well on turkeys, Morrel hunters are thick in Late April early May and can be annoying on public ground at times. Good Luck
Thanks yea I am ok with hunting any where in Nebraska I just want to kill Turkey's