Need a favor! Teacher Appreciation Contest

ssramage

Folks,

I could use a favor. I nominated my wife for a teacher appreciation contest. It's vote based and I'd like her to feel the love. Teaching is a higher calling in a sometimes thankless job. My wife was MEANT to be a school teacher.

If you don't mind doing so, a vote at the below link would mean a lot. Her name is Stephanie Ramage in case it doesn't show up. I've copied my submission below.

"I'd like to nominate my wife, Stephanie Ramage, as an educator that is more than deserving of recognition. It's easy to say that over her 15 years of teaching that she puts in more than her share of hours, that she makes a difference in her students' lives, or that she has an impact in her community, but those things can be said about many teachers. What sets Stephanie apart from the rest is her desire to guide the hearts of her students, not just their minds. She began her career in an underserved public school near our hometown. She then transitioned into a role for the Methodist Home for Youth, where she taught children from the most horrific circumstances (abuse, sexual assault, etc). It was here that she recognized that fostering the hearts of children is just as important as their textbook education. Shortly after relocating for my career, she found a role at a small private school where she currently teaches 6th-8th grade Social Studies/Geography. We've been on several cruises and she uses those travels to bring life to her lessons. I believe that the testament of a good teacher is the long term impact their students have on our world. If some of her now adult former students are any indication, I think we're in great shape"

jdgator

Folks,

I could use a favor. I nominated my wife for a teacher appreciation contest. It's vote based and I'd like her to feel the love. Teaching is a higher calling in a sometimes thankless job. My wife was MEANT to be a school teacher.

If you don't mind doing so, a vote at the below link would mean a lot. Her name is Stephanie Ramage in case it doesn't show up. I've copied my submission below.

"I'd like to nominate my wife, Stephanie Ramage, as an educator that is more than deserving of recognition. It's easy to say that over her 15 years of teaching that she puts in more than her share of hours, that she makes a difference in her students' lives, or that she has an impact in her community, but those things can be said about many teachers. What sets Stephanie apart from the rest is her desire to guide the hearts of her students, not just their minds. She began her career in an underserved public school near our hometown. She then transitioned into a role for the Methodist Home for Youth, where she taught children from the most horrific circumstances (abuse, sexual assault, etc). It was here that she recognized that fostering the hearts of children is just as important as their textbook education. Shortly after relocating for my career, she found a role at a small private school where she currently teaches 6th-8th grade Social Studies/Geography. We've been on several cruises and she uses those travels to bring life to her lessons. I believe that the testament of a good teacher is the long term impact their students have on our world. If some of her now adult former students are any indication, I think we're in great shape"

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Tried to be in for #44 but something is whacked about their website. I'll try again later.