Need help with Remington 700 trigger

Coon Krazy

I recently Bought a X Mark pro trigger from a guy... trying to put it in my 270 WSM.. I’m trying to use the spring and whatever that piece is called that the pins go through that the spring puts pressure on. Well.. the problem I’m having Is that piece from my trigger doesn’t work in the X Mark.. it goes in good but once I get It back together the firing pin won’t drop. I’m guessing I need That piece for an X Mark. Does anybody have one laying around from a previous trigger swap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coon Krazy

Here’s the piece I need...

Attachments

• EBADE6B7-B6D6-4DE7-958A-E179C0845EBB.jpeg
    EBADE6B7-B6D6-4DE7-958A-E179C0845EBB.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 10

Clemson

That piece is called the sear, and it is an integral part of the trigger. You bought only a partial trigger.

Blackston

Triggers scare me. I’d let someone that knows about em work on mine. Ya only need one accidental discharge to remedy of you of cruddy trigger work ( ask me how I know )

killerv

Some know what they are doing and some don't. I've probably bought half dozen used 700/7s over the past decade and all but one has had the trigger messed with. Timney's are always a good option for replacement. Recently picked up an old '80s 700 mountain in 308, it was actually refreshing to find it still had a factory 6lb trigger not boogered with.