Need new stetson hat resized-plz read

B

BornNRaised

Hey y'all.

My dad called me today and we started reminiscing about my pawpaw after I read a heartbreaking post about a member loosing his father/hunting buddy. I asked him about all the rifles that our family basically stole from my grandfather's gun cabinet, including two of the rifles that he gave me before he passed away. Nobody will admit that they got any of the guns.

My family literally drove over to the house as we were sitting with him on his deathbed and they were going through all of his possessions. A real tearjerker when we got back home.

I only got 3 spear points from a coin jar he had sitting on his dresser, everything else was gone. Now I hold these points near and dear to my heart and my dad knows that is all I got. He told me that he found a brand new in the box vintage Rancher 312 bone color Stetson when he was digging through pawpaws stuff recently that he hasnt told anyone about, that the family missed and he is giving it to me.

This is priceless to me!!!!!

The hat is size 6 and 7/8, I have a bigger head than that and there's no way stretching it will work. I need somebody to cut out the liner the band reblock it and Stitch it all together, etc like new. I know I will lose either width in the brim or the crop which is no big deal. Does anybody know any companies that are legitimate that can do this? I am looking for Quality.... money is no object.

Thank you so much for reading and taking your time for this. it means so much to me!!!!!!!!!!

B

BornNRaised

I just tried to call, no answer so I sent him a text message. if I get no reply I will try to contact him via Facebook. Unfortunately the voicemail was not set up but I understand a lot of people especially older folk who don't fool with voicemails.

Your reply is greatly appreciated thank you so much

cullyhog

Just a shot but you may call over to Horsetown in Marietta. They work with cowboy hats and may know someone if Nicodemus' contact doesn't work out.

B

BornNRaised

I emailed Stetson before I came on here...still no reply from them either.

blakely

My son works in the hat department at Horsetown. He says that they can do the work you need done. He said that the hat would need to be sent off to get the sweat band fixed. When you go in there, ask for Trip. He said he'd fix you up.

K80Shooter

I emailed Stetson before I came on here...still no reply from them either.

Don't hold your breath waiting on Stetson to reply to you. I had a issue with one I purchased, I sent them an email explaining the problem and to this day I have never heard back from them. Not what I expected from them.

Good luck with your hat.