Need Pope and Young info

SGaither

Guys,
I believe I may have arrowed a Pope & Young Buck last year and I would like to know how to go about getting it recorded. The deer is a fairly symmetrical 10 point with I think a 17" inside spread. Can't remember all the lengths but he sure is a trophy to me and is on my wall. I was also fortunate to take a 12 pointer with a muzzleloader just 15 days after the 10 pointer. Like I said, I would like to have him recorded if it meets all the measurement requirements. I have never been very big on getting reconition but this is something I'm very proud of. Any and all info. would be helpful and appreciated.

sgaither

Dog Hunter

List of scorers in georgia

Marchinton, R. Athens GA 706-543-7692
Head, Broderick Bremen GA 770-537-3529
Thackston, Reggie Forsyth GA 478-994-7583
McDonald, J. Fort Valley GA 478-825-6354
Waldrop, David Midland GA 706-317-5065
Post, Bruce Peachtree City GA 770-487-1937
Cooper, William Tifton GA 229-382-8495
Adkins, Sr., Michael Vidalia GA 912-537-0289

Trizey

You can go to www.pope-young.org You should be able to find any and all information that you should need.

I believe some of the DNR folks are official measurers. If I remember correctly their names are listed in the regulations book.

In the mean time, show us some pics!! :D :bounce:

SGaither

Thanks

for responding so quickly. Now that I know for sure it must measure 125 I don't think he'll make that. But I would still love to have them measured to see for my own satisfaction and just to get a since of what a true monster 150 class would look like. I tried getting pictures posted by it says they are too big, any ideas how I can get them on here and I'll try it.

sgaither

JBowers

I can score it for you if you are near Atlanta and are willing to bring it to the office (Social Circle) or my home (Conyers).

JBowers

Trizey said:
I believe some of the DNR folks are official measurers. If I remember correctly their names are listed in the regulations book.

They are listed on the website www.gohuntgeorgia.com in the Hunting/Hunter Services section.

Jkidd

Heres the pics. I added some light to em to brighten them up..

Jason

BothMounts.jpg

12point1.jpg

10point1.jpg

SGaither

Thanks

JKidd for posting my pictures for me and for adding some light to them. If you wouldn't mind telling me how you did that, I would appreciate it. I tried uploading them but the system said the files are too large or something like that.

sgaither

Jkidd

I had to open them up in Photoshop and resize them they were to big. The light is a phot effect you can use in that program.

Jason

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
asuming its the buck on the right, you might have a p&y. you should have it measured! :clap:

SGaither

I'm keeping my fingers crossed

I'm having both of them scored tonight and if the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise the 10 point will be at least 125. If not he's still the biggest bow kill buck I have and one heck of a trophy to me.

SGaither

Had them scored

Thank you JBowers for taking time out of your evening to score my deer. I didn't make any records but I now know what a record class buck will look like. The 10 point only scored 103 and the 12 point scored 121. I am very proud of both and would not pass them up if I had the chance to do it all over again.

sgaither