Need some advise

Esau

Like many folks here I have had several cameras stolen. Now they are coming at night so I don't get good pictures of the thief. I need a camera that doesn't have a light or a glow at night, but still takes good night time pictures. Any suggestions. Since they are getting stolen I don't want to spend a lot of money on them. I can just put tape over the light. I am going to start putting some of them 10-12 feet up in a tree. I have been playing nice, now I'm mad.

whitter

BANNED
When you are shopping, look for black flash or no flash cameras. There are several camera manufactures who have the dark flash and they also have security boxes for them and a Python cable around the tree will also help. Placing the cam above arms reach is also a good idea. Put an old junk camera low on a tree as bate and hide a good camera up high to watch it. When they steal the junk camera you should be able to catch them. Good luck

Don't put a new $200.00 trail camera out on your hunting property for those thieves to steal. Contact the Georgia DNR Law Enforcement Diviision 770-918- 6408. They will have the game warden contact you. The game warden will catch them. A phone call is cheaper than a new $$$$ trail camera. The game warden got the thieves that was stealing cameras,deer feeders and deer stands.

Don't put a new $200.00 trail camera out on your hunting property for those thieves to steal. Contact the Georgia DNR Law Enforcement Diviision 770-918- 6408. They will have the game warden contact you. The game warden will catch them. A phone call is cheaper than a new $$$$ trail camera. The game warden got the thieves that was stealing cameras,deer feeders and deer stands.
From our hunt club property.

j_seph

One problem you may have is that GW's are for game violations, sheriff is for stolen property.

Well the sheriff's Department was no help for our hunt club. The Ga. DNR GAME WARDEN was the one's that got the job done putting the thevies in jail.

Wide Earp

and if u do catch them there are some old school folks on here, myself included, that will assist in adminstering an "educational beat-down" ;)

oldguy

Like many folks here I have had several cameras stolen. Now they are coming at night so I don't get good pictures of the thief. I need a camera that doesn't have a light or a glow at night, but still takes good night time pictures. Any suggestions. Since they are getting stolen I don't want to spend a lot of money on them. I can just put tape over the light. I am going to start putting some of them 10-12 feet up in a tree. I have been playing nice, now I'm mad.
Ever heard of an ambush? Bait 'em up with a camera and you be sittin' there waiting on 'em! I bet the roar of a shot gun or a burst of auto rifle fire up in the air in the dark of night will send 'em running - and they'll need to change their britches!

j_seph

If they are trespassing and stealing that is a Game Warden issue!
Vision and Mission Statement

The Law Enforcement Division is responsible for protecting Georgia's wildlife populations by enforcing laws, rules and regulations pertaining to game and non game animals, threatened and endangered plants and animals, exotic animals, boating safety, litter and waste control and other natural resource issues. The LE Division also administers the state's hunter education and boating safety programs. Game Wardens investigate violations of wildlife laws, as well as hunting and boating incidents. Wardens also conduct classes and programs to educate citizens about wildlife laws and safety practices. Contact us to locate your local DNR office or Game Warden in your area.
I say that to say this, we had an issue more than once with tresspassing. It was always Sheriff office that came out. Now you let a game law get broke DNR will be there in a hurry. If they are in the process of hunting while trespassing or stealing I can see the DNR being there just as quickly.

Esau

I talked with the Game Warden. He will be watching the property at night. I am setting up some old cameras on the roads, with other cameras up in trees to watch the other cameras. He helped me set them up so we get good pictures of the faces of the thieves.

transfixer

My understanding is that a game warden has more law enforcement powers than the sheriff. Statewide powers.

That's always been my understanding as well, they don't have to worry about jurisdiction lines, I know it will depend on the individual game warden, but from their viewpoint someone who steals game cameras , feeders and the like, are also the type person who will violate game laws as well.

Possum

Banned
I’d invest in a wireless camera to alert you when they are there and lag bolt a security box to tree to prevent them from stealing it.