Need some WOODYS neighbors!!!!!!

E

early riser

Fellows, I just noticed today, that the land next to Crabapple that I had wanted to buy last year has been listed on the market again! This is 227 acers that boarders Crabapple. Last year it went for a little less than $1000.00/ecre. No telling what they are listing it for now, but anyone interested may want to contact me for information realator listing and contact number! Due to recent circumstances I hate that I am unable to pursue it's purchase, but sure wished I could!

I sure would like to see some WOODYS members next door!

Land has little road frontage, borders Crabapple, mostly back land, plenty of deer, turkey, and probably some water foul as well, certainly worth looking into! Interested parties could check the local records at the Hancock Cty court house to see what it sold for last. HPurvis and I checked it last year and best I can remember it was shy of $1000.00/acer. Even if they were looking for profit, it might be just what somebody here would like to have!

I sure would like to have some WOODY'S neighbors next door!

early riser

badger

Er..........

Any hogs in the area?

badger

GeauxLSU

Hmmm,
ER, if you see anybody looking at it, tell them it used to be a nuclear waste site. I just may try and work something out with a person or two.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Last edited:
E

early riser

Reply answered.

No hog population yet, but they have been in the aera. 2 years back they were about 13 of them caught about 2 miles down the road, and it looks like they must have got them before they became too abundant in our area...., thank goodness!

They have been 2 different BEAR sitings though! :speechles

e.r.

E

early riser

To all those that inquired, you should have all the info you requested by now on this land.

Please p.m. or call me using the info I gave and let me know what you found out about this land.

Sure would be nice to have some Woody's neighbors!

NOTE: last year when I checked on it, the realator told me they wanted near $2000.00/acre. However later I found out it sold for about $1000.00/acre. If I had known that it would sell for that last year, most likely I would now own 389 acres instead of the 162 we now have. :mad:

My guess is they are looking for a profit, but don't let any asking prices hold you back, make some cheap offers, you never know what they will take, or what circumstances may have them putting it back on the market this quick, could be they really need to sell it. Wished I had known that last year!

e.r.

E

early riser

UH YEAH, THEY WANT TO MAKE A.... N-I-C-E.... PROFIT!

Just heard from Hpurvis whom called on this land and they are asking $2290.00/acre. Last Year they asked $2000.00/acre and best I remember from the court house records it finally sold for just shy of $1000.00/acre I guess $1290.00 profit/acrex227 acres $292,830. PROFIT WOULD BE NICE for a years investment HUH! I doubt they'll ever get $519,830 for it. I would have bought it last year if I had known the asking went from $2000.00 to Just shy of $1000.00/acre, but $2290. is steep. However I wouldn't take any less for Crabapple, so I guess if they are a buyer with the money it is worth.

At least Crabapple has a house and has been seriously managed since YR 2000. Over 200 sawtooth oaks planted and numerous other fruit tree plantings, with 4 years of year round annual foodplotting programs and controlled burns. Anybody want to give me $2300./acre for Crabapple. :clap: I hope it goes for that, maybe in a few years Crabapple would be worth $3000.-5000./acre once all our Sawtooths and other managed tree plantings mature.

Maybe that is in line with land pricing recently in Hancock. Looking through GON I continue to see lots of Hancock Cty land selling for over $2000./acre, but if you look, you may still find some in the lower $1000./acre range, but quality land is getting on upwards $2000. +

Anybody else have any more info they may have supplied you with when you called?

OUCH and YEHAW :speechles

early riser

GeauxLSU

That's the price they left on my voice mail as well. For $2,290 I'm out. I can find closer to home for less than that.
Waiting on a plat now.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Toliver

I'm still hoping for a Woody's neighbor on the 69 acres next to me. I want a neighbor that I don't have to fear when I'm doing something close to the property line.