Need suggestions on new insurance company

joey1919

I've had Farm Bureau insurance on my vehicles since I could drive. Had Farm Bureau on my house since I've had one, but now it's time for a change.

Anybody happy with their insurance company? I don't want to overpay but I'm equally as concerned with the service.

I need to insure multiple vehicles, tractor, ATVs, boat, rental property and home.

Would really like the same agent to handle everything.

Any suggestions?

swampstalker24

I used to have Farm Bureau while i live in Ga... Never had any problems and my rep was a great guy... Fast foward a few years and i moved to wyoming and naturally sought out another farm bureau agent here.... Went to talk about my coverage options and i was offered to bundle my car insurance with some kind of "possessions" insurance.... I declined only to be told it was required by law to be bundled with auto policies.... So i asked the agent what the legal statute was so i could look it up myself.... Hmmm she couldnt answer my question and tried to change the subject prettt quick.... After doing a bit of research i quickly found out i had been lied to in an attempt to sell me a product i didnt want or need. Long story short i switch to progressive and havent had any problems. It was even quite a bit cheaper too!

joey1919

Our old FB agent was a great guy and great service, but even he told me that farm bureau isnt what it used to be

Big7

The Oracle
I've been with State Farm since about 94' or so.
No problems.

Shopped around a few times and they were also most cost effective.

Might want to give them a try.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I was with GFB from 1975 until 2015 when they tried to screw me by going up on my house insurance from 1100 a year to 3700 a year.

Said I wasn't close enough to the fire department. I told them my house hadn't moved an inch, and I was pretty sure the fire department hadn't either.

I have had AutoOwners on my commercial property, and had a few claims from idgits that can't drive running into the building. First rate response from AutoOwners, and I like dealing with the independent agent too.

PappyHoel

Try usaa if you or close family have ever served. They may be a little higher than the rest but their customer service is bar none. Phone rings once and someone picks up, if they need to transfer you they stay on the line till the other person picks up. Also their web portal is the best I've seen anywhere and you can update any coverage on the fly.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have Geico and no problems. If you have newer vehicles get the Mechanical breakdown add on, It saved me $3700 on a Volvo transmission. Their homeowners raised my coverage from $150,000 to $480,000 for the same price as the local insurance that I had. I've had a few claims and prompt good service.

Try usaa if you or close family have ever served. They may be a little higher than the rest but their customer service is bar none. Phone rings once and someone picks up, if they need to transfer you they stay on the line till the other person picks up. Also their web portal is the best I've seen anywhere and you can update any coverage on the fly.
I have USAA on my vehicles and I love them. Great rates and outstanding service.
Got State Farm on the House and they are good.

rospaw

State farm guy for 30 yrs. Ins agent said they use AOI for home and biz. Changed last year to Auto Owners Insurance Company. Sounded like a high risk auto ins company..... well it's not. Great service, best price on home coverage and vehicles. Beat FB by 1600 a year on house with SAME coverage and beat SF by 2900 a year. Priced out SF, FB, Allstate and USAA. Beat all them on price for vehicles. Been in biz since 1916. (101 yrs in biz) 8 billion in rev, 6k employees.

http://www.auto-owners.com/

https://wallethub.com/profile/auto-owners-insurance-13013035i/

Dr. Strangelove

I had been with State Farm for 30yrs and just switched to Geico. State Farm was trying to tear me a new one on a car I just purchased and Geico beat them by about $600 a year.

I was with GEICO for car and umbrella, Alfa for home. I consolidate all policies to Amica.....saved some $ with legendary service.

joey1919

I ended up with an independent agent and policies through Auto Owners. My car insurance went down $600 and the coverages went up. The homeowners went down a little. Everything else about the same. I'm happy so far. Thanks everybody

rospaw

I ended up with an independent agent and policies through Auto Owners. My car insurance went down $600 and the coverages went up. The homeowners went down a little. Everything else about the same. I'm happy so far. Thanks everybody

Keep me /us posted if any issues and i will do the same. So far i have not had any claims and that is when it will count. Did they up your house value compared to your last ins company? Mine did by 110k. Also upped the base contents by 81k and the (if you have to move out and rent) part to almost 70k. The other had it at 31k.?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I've been with State Farm since 89 with vehicles and 97 with the house. I've shopped around because of policy increases here and there and no one can touch them. Never had an issue. I've had 3 vehicles totaled (all no fault of mine) and a roof replaced on my house from the 2011 tornadoes.