Need the most current photo of property.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Our lease is about 1800 acres and has had recent timbering that is practically complete. Where can I get a large printed RECENT map??? My searches have brought me nowhere really.

Big7

The Oracle
A decent (kid's) drone is about $200.00.

They have cameras as good as any cell phone.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Thanks but I don't think a simple kids drone can go high enough to take the picture we need. Nor does anyone want to learn how to fly a drone and assemble various pieces of imagery to make a complete map. I want a recent satellite photo printed in large format.

Possum

Banned
My guess is google earth is only option unless you hire an arial photographer with a plane.
In my area the google earth image is updated about every 3 years on average.

transfixer

I'll pm you some info, I think summer of last year is going to be the most current you can find though,,

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
I did a Topo Map at my old club and did an overlay out of a clear sheet of some space age plastic. I drew the roads and food plots on the plastic overlay and the Topo never changes. The roads will help orientate you on the map.

Elkbane

Your best bet will be a forestry consultant that's large enough to have a GIS department. They can tell you what the latest imagery that is available, and if you need to "fly it" for current coverage, they can have that done. Once it's on their system, they can plot (print) out the imagery to whatever scale you want.

Elkbane

JackSprat

There are commercial services that will sell you satellite photos made in the last 24-48 hours. I haven't dealt with them directly, but know that surveyors and commercial real estate people use them - forestry people might also, because all the fire watching is done by satellite.