Needing advise on fall food plot

shdw633

That's pretty much the trifecta right there.

shdw633

As always, first get you a soil sample to see what you are able to plant. You can plant anything but getting it to grow is another thing!! Low PH versus proper PH will dictate what will grow. All things being good I would recommend that you get some Pennington Rackmaster if you are just starting out. I have tried all different types of seeds and combinations but in the end I always seem to go back to Pennington and just add a couple different clovers to the mix, like extra crimson and some arrowleaf clover, generally 1 pound each per bag.

Triple C

Just a recommendation...Look at the 2nd thread from the top in the sticky section - Fall food for thought Part 2. That thread is an encyclopedia on fall food plots and will give you ever thing you can possibly imagine on planting fall food plots. And...glynr329's suggestion is spot on. The sticky thread will give you all the how to's and what not to do's.

Rackbuster

I am in South ga ( Colquitt county) and have tried lots of stuff. The best luck I have is with oats, trophy radish,and have planted chicory with good results. The only thing with chicory is it is late season. The deer wouldn't mess with it till it had a good frost then they would devour it. The good part of it is it will grow for several years.