NEF barrel accessory program.

NEF are great to work with. I sent a ultra slug hunter, with laminate stock in a few years back. I had them fit the 50 cal muzzleloader barrel. They returned the receiver and new barrel within 14 days of orginal ship date. They also fitted a laminte handguard for me insted of the walnut with no extra charge.:fine: The new barrel is fitted to your receiver and both barrels will interchange. I am going to have my son youth 243 returned after the season for the 20 ga barrel.

NEF are Great people to do business with, several years ago i was up in Maine, and came by and took a tour of there plant in Gardner Mass. , one of the few guns still made in the USA:flag:. I have the handi rifle in 45-70,270, and 17 cal. great guns for the $$$$$$

Thread starter #7
Like my 45/70 been shooting the lever evo ammo in it. I believe I could poke a deer out to 200 with it.

I did not know about the trigger job. I bought my son a .223, then sent it in and got a .20 guage and the muzzle loader barrel. I use it more than him. When I sent it back I should have requested the job. I request two scope mounts. They only sent one and when I called them about it they overnighted the missing scope mount.

Rob62

I did it. I added a .357 Magnum barrel. But it took quite a while to get it back. This was just as the program got moved to Remington in Ilion NY earlier this year (H&R is now part of Remington).

By now I hope they got everything worked out so turn around times should be faster.

The quality and workmanship were fine - no problems there. For around $90 including return shipping for a basic barrel it is a very good deal.

Regards,
Rob

I sent the receiver from an old 20 ga and had the muzzleloader barrel put on it.
They also did a trigger job.
Everything went smooth.

Hooty Hoot

You guys that have had a muzzle loader barrel mounted to your frame...............How do you like it? How does it shoot?

I have an NEF frame and am strongly considering the M/L barrel. Do they have a good barrel? Do they return it with a wood front end?

LKS2

$90 for a different barrel!
What would be the difference between on of these and the t/c encore? I have an encore but the extra barrels are a lot more dollars than that. Granted you have to send the NEF in but still for $90 barrels I am rethinking my encore.

Thread starter #15
$90 for a different barrel!
What would be the difference between on of these and the t/c encore? I have an encore but the extra barrels are a lot more dollars than that. Granted you have to send the NEF in but still for $90 barrels I am rethinking my encore.

ABOUT $300 .. The Encore might be better looking but I'll take 3 NEFs over one Encore.

The good old day are gone customer service now is a nightmare since remington took over H@R
I would think twice before dealing with remington
I also would shoot over to graybeard forums and read some reviews on the new plant and gun repair.